purple paint law

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bgkyarcher, Oct 21, 2016.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    How do we go about encouraging our state to adopt the purple paint laws for property boundaries like Texas and other states?

2. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Why would paint matter to the inbreds that totally ignore "No Trespassing" and "Posted Private Property" signs? They will ignore a little paint even easier.

Capttrae likes this.
  3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Eliminates the loophole of tearing down signs and saying land isn't marked. Much easier, and cheaper, for a landowner to post the land and it is permanent.

Gioacchino likes this.
  4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Maryland has blue for their law, Ky blue. looks real nice.

5. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Most habitual a-hole trespassers I've ran into could care less about a little sign or paint. Ignorance of location is no excuse for trespassing, but paint on a tree won't change much I'm afraid.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I have watched them climb over my fence with a posted sign nailed on the post where they are climbing. So paint wont stop them.

7. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 6 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    Ky's law doesn't require posted signs or paint to site someone for trespassing but there's nothing to stop you from painting your boundary to eliminate any doubt.

Ginsenghunter likes this.
  8. CentralKyHunter

CentralKyHunter 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2007

Few years ago we had a guy trespassing on us quail hunting. He crossed our fences hunted the areas we were purposely managing for quail and rabbit and proceeded to tell us that he just could not find birds anymore because people trespassed and shot all of them

Here's your sign !!!

9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My bad. Just seemed like a good idea.

10. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    Correct. Below is straight from the guide. It seems pretty cut and dry to me...

LANDOWNER PERMISSION
    A person shall not enter upon the lands of another to shoot, hunt, trap, fish or for other wildlife-related recreational purposes without the oral or written permission of the landowner, tenant, or person who has authority to grant permission.

Those who fail to obtain permission are subject to arrest and prosecution.

Railroad tracks and rights of way are privately-owned property and permission to hunt, trap or fish must be obtained prior to entry.
    Landowners are under no obligation to allow hunters to retrieve game or hunting dogs from their property.

11. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Bgkyarcher I like the idea. I think it should be red or white. Just easier to see. I think it is like a cage. Once you get caught In The cage you know what's up. There isn't any talking your way out.

12. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    The most effective stratagy I have heard of is when you find someone trespassing have there truck towed at there expence. This has been the most efective stratagy for one of the landowners I hunt on in Arkansas.

13. littleboots

littleboots 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2008
    I hunt farm that adjoins yellow bank. Trees painted yellow, fence and no hunting signs People say didn't know was off yellow bank

14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I think they use purple to make sure there is no misunderstanding... red and white are used for other things like park boundariies etc..... purple is nothing more than a property boundary being marked as no tresspassing.

15. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    Yeah, I'm not sure what problem painting trees purple will fix. As the law is now, the landowner does not have the responsibility to ensure his property is "properly" marked for a trespassing case, it is up to the hunter to know the boundaries of the land he has permission to hunt. How would purple (or any color) paint fix anything? And what is stopping a person from painting their trees now?