question about land for lease

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Rhyno Footer, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Rhyno Footer

Rhyno Footer Spike

Feb 26, 2013
    'Merica
    From my understanding all land for lease posts are supposed to go in the classified section. Did a general search to see what was out there and only 3 total posts came up. Id have to imagine theres quite a few out there throughout the state. Does this forum regulate on whats posted or how does that work? I have a private farm in NEKY, but would like to find some land to lease in the same area.

2. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I would say this being a hunting site that most people on here would be looking for a lease, not leasing out property. Try posting an ad on craigslist to find a spot.

RackedUP, Dark Cloud and bgkyarcher like this.
  3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I agree. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  4. wv67

wv67 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Look for land for lease on google and type in the area your looking or call land companies Forrest groups etc and post in local trader papers craigslist etc put posting up in grocery stores hunting shops if they allow it easy to find if ya look hard enough here in WVA anyways , leases are a dime a dozen

5. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Leasing is the worse thing ever. Eventually only the rich will be able to hunt. I wish leasing was not allowed. What Happened to the days when you helped the farmers???

6. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    deerhunter24,
    Am I hearing you right? So a farmer or land owner who owns their "own land" shouldn't be allowed to do as they please when it comes to hunting rights on their own land that they bought and paid for. Wow!!

7. jblack1

jblack1 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    Science Hill
    You're pulling hard to stretch what DH24 said, if you can't figure out what DH24 is saying then I'll try to decipher it for you.
    Help the farmer work the land in exchange for hunting privileges, instead of money exchanging hands.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  8. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Not really cause eventually in the future only the rich will be able to hunt and someone who can't afford a least we'll sorry you don't have money you can't Hunt. I would love to help the farmers

9. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Thank you

10. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Times have changed and it has nothing to do with the rich. Farmers realized that they could get money for the rights to hunt on their land and so they capitalize on it. Unfortunately, its the way life works! With time things change whether we like it or not! Be happy that your State has awesome whitetail hunting and focus on that blessing.

11. jblack1

jblack1 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    Science Hill
    I completely agree, most people won't put forth the effort to work for the hunting privilege.
    On one particular farm that I lease the price is lower because of the work that we do on it.
    And many farmers have been let down with the agreement to work for hunting rights, so it is easier to lease and hire the work needed instead.

barney and ddwhitetails like this.
  12. bigbonner

bigbonner 8 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I know about farmers as I am one of them . That is all I do and I use to grow a lot of tobacco and I started with not a dime , I have had nothing handed to me . I was a sharecropper and decided to borrowed money and buy my own land , Then I wanted to improve on what I had and was paid for , so I went in debt and bought some more banking on tobacco being my money job and a way of paying for what I have and need . But since Big Tobacco has quit buying burley from us farmers we have had to try and make ends meet .The tobacco buyout may have been ok for the older farmers wanting to quit but I was 40 years old then and had my farms that I have to make a living on .So for me the buyout was a joke .
    I have thought about leasing my farms out for two or three days just to try and make a little money toward my Taxes , farm payments and insurance farm bills .

I love to hunt myself but may have to lease to make ends meet . So don't be offended if a farmer wants to lease out hunting rights . It could be like me a matter of either lease or sell out . I have not leased but have seriously thought about it .

13. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    ^^^^^ and that tight there is what a lot of guys don’t understand. Just like the lease I’m on, we thought we had it for another five years, but after this year that’s it. Some of our members that at big money coonasses have outbid us. I don’t like it, but in the grand scheme of things I’ll take my share of the blame. I was running prez at the time they asked to join, and I let them. I stepped down bc I had personal/family issues to deal with and the guy that took my place let them buy more spots. Then they came back and made a higher bid. The land owner who is also my friend took it. I don’t blame him it just the way of things. Money talks bs walks

KY Swamp Beagler, barney and bondhu like this.
  14. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Quote from jblack1
    You're pulling hard to stretch what DH24 said, if you can't figure out what DH24 is saying then I'll try to decipher it for you.
    Help the farmer work the land in exchange for hunting privileges, instead of money exchanging hands.

Don't think Im pulling hard at all. He clearly stated and I quote him "I wish leasing was not allowed."
    Thats not pulling, its what he said. He is directly saying that land owners shouldn't have the right to lease there own land.

15. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    It has to do with the rich. Because eventually only people that have a lot of money will be able to hunt. Cause your average person will come and say I like to lease your land then someone else the rich guys come and have more money and pay more so now your poor guy can't hunt but only the rich. Leasing land is the dumbest thing ever. Also we don't have good whitetail hunting. We the new regulations and everything going down quick