Question for you guys.....

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by aaronc, May 12, 2018.

1. aaronc

aaronc 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I'm going to get a camera sometime this year. Not for hunting but for the yard to set up on my bird feeders....make fun of me if you want to lolol...but anyway. What are some of the cameras you guys recommend/hold up well/take quality pics/etc.....just doin some research.

Thanks -Aaron

2. hoene

hoene Spike

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Don't buy Wild Game Innovations cameras.

katlynn likes this.
  3. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    U get what you pay for, most companies don’t make them to last and don’t offer a very long warranty, they want them to break so you will buy another one

4. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    There are mixed reviews, last year I caught two wild game cameras on clearance and really like them grand I've only ran them for five months last season so don't know how long they will last but was very surprised with the night time video, they were also some of the higher end wild game cameras, all my other cameras are Moultrie, like their customer service I had an A 30i that went bad and they sent me a brand new camera a week later

5. aaronc

aaronc 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Good info,..and yeah also if there are any to stay away from feel free to throw that out as well. Thanks for responses.

6. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I would probably try and get a 12 MP or higher just because I like running man on video and I like the quality if you look around enough you might be able to catch some on clearance honestly any camera over 75 bucks is going to be somewhat decent I don't have extensive experience with different brands though

7. aaronc

aaronc 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Thanks ,,,great info,...it'll be a month or so before I pick one up. I'm not in a hurry. If nothing really stands out I'll probably do the $100-$125 thing and see how it goes. I've got several feeders so eventually I'll probably have more than 1. I'm checking out online reviews as well but personal experience from forum members is always helpful for product reviews in my opinion. Best-Aaron

8. hoene

hoene Spike

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    I had two WGI cameras. Both worked the first season. When they were fired up the next season they did't work. When I tried to return them WGI said they were out of warranty.

9. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    Covert cameras. No brainer. Got several. Got several other brands and like covert best. Hands down best customer service. $100-$110 gets you a MP 8. Little more you can get a higher pixel camera. Batteries last forever.

Capttrae likes this.
  10. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    I have 4 Covert cameras myself. A couple are 4 or 5 years old and still going strong. They stay out all year long and take many thousands of pics a year. Like said above, the batteries last forever.

11. mikeyj

mikeyj Spike

Mar 4, 2009
    Adair Co.
    I have Browning, Moultrie and Covert cameras. The Brownings and the Coverts have been the best for me overall. I would recommend checking out trailcampro.com. They have extensive reviews of quite a few brands and have specs on everything from trigger speed to battery life.

12. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    Stay away from Stealth cams, they are garbage.

13. huntersteve

huntersteve Fawn

Oct 29, 2013
    I'm sold on the Browning cameras....I have nine of them..this will be the fifth season using them....great battery life

Powerstro284 and JR PORTER like this.
  14. Suburbhunter

Suburbhunter Fawn

Jun 9, 2017
    Butler Co
    Whenever I'm looking for a new or different camera I usually check trailcampro.com for their assessment as mentioned above.

15. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I’ve had great luck out of moultrie. And their new cameras come with a two year warranty.