question....

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bgkyarcher, Feb 14, 2018.

1. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I lost two good calves last year 2 days old. Seen the yote catch one of them. I killed him but calf was hurt so bad it didn't make it. Had one come out of my barn carring a Chicken. The yote and the chicken didn't make it. SHOT IT TO. I can show the world what they look like. HANGING ON A FENCE DEAD. I wont just pull off the road to shoot one just on any bodies farm. But if it somebody I know I will pull into their drive or barn lot and shoot it. THEY WANT THEM GONE TO. KILLING CALVES AND CHICKENS ARENT BEING HARMLESS. MY neighbor had a yote come in his yard and grab his Yorkie after he let it out to go pee. Harmless long way from it.

SmokeShow, kyfarmer1, Feedman and 7 others like this.
  2. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    DH 13 understands.
    I'm with him.

3. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Every wild animal has the right to eat but I'll be damned if they're going to do it on my dime, shootem up boys
    Cattle=money

kyfarmer1, elkaholic and DH13 like this.
  4. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    Had one kill the best beagle I ever owned. I shot the yore but it done half ripped the dogs throat out. When I shot coyotes went running from everywhere. Had em kill more chickens than I can count. I hate them with a passion right along with possums. I got pulled over one time for doing 60 in a 25 and swerving to the wrong side of the road. Cop was laughing when he walked up. He saw the pack I was trying to hit. Lucky I went to school with him. I say kill em all but I guess we should do it legal

5. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Only if you get caught!!

Dark Cloud, JR in KY and elkaholic like this.
  6. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    And your point:). This happens every summer. here is less than half of the herd the rest are already in the beans. Soybeans lay to the right of frame. The guys that farm this turn in claim crop damage every year for this.
    the herd.JPG

7. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    While coyotes are filling a necessary predator niche in the ecosystem, people have the right to defend their livestock and pets.

I don't support the actions of the original poster, as that borders on recklessness.

8. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Looks like a good problem to have

9. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    Do the guys that farm that allow hunters to come in and thin them out?

10. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Here you Go, DH 13
    Had a baby calf born last night.....I'm sure the Coyotes came to investigate. The Female Coyote didn't make it back. The snare been hanging since December, but I knew when the calves start dropping one would chose this route under the fence. Number 7 that i snared this season. Shot 2 more.

IMG_0206.JPG

Thanks to the guys on the Trapping forum, especially Nock, for help and advice.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    kyfarmer1, Drahts and Dark Cloud like this.
  11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    guess it depends what side of the fence you're on. My BIL's, corn and soybean farmers, shoot every deer they can in the summer time (usually around 100, their high was 225 one summer), if not, their yield would be greatly reduced. on the other hand, they wouldn't waste a bullet on a yote.

12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    WEAR EM OUT!!!!!!!!! My cows getting ready to drop next month and I WILL BE READY!!!

13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I’ll tell you something that will flat catch puppies.... owls!! I watched it with my own eyes as a kid. We had an old mutt that had pups and we had a doghouse and a make shift cage without a top we put her and the pups in to keep them safe She had like 10 as well as I can remember and they started disappearing without a trace. I stayed up with my pops one night to investigate and we heard the craziest sound and dad flipped the light on and a big owl was flying off with a pup. Got into the dark woods before he could even get a shot off! I’ve had them swoop at me in the dusky darkness of morning and evening. Cool animals but mean!

JR in KY likes this.
  14. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Anybody that don't believe that, just check out YouTube. Eagles, hawks and owls flying off with dogs and cats. Them big Eagle nests are full of pet collars.
    A friend of mine in Pennsylvania had an encounter with an Owl Attack one evening while deer hunting. 22 stitches in his face and head.

15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I got knocked out of deer stand by an owl before daylight one morning. Guess it saw my shoulder moving and thought it was a flying squirrel or something. Hit me from behind like a punch. Landed on my hands and knees. Cut me through my coveralls. Lucky I didn't get seriously hurt.