question....

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bgkyarcher, Feb 14, 2018.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    As a kid we were allowed to hunt and use this field and property beside of my house. No deer hunting then but I hunted most of small game especially squirrels. There was one particular route that I was leery of taking when walking back home at dusky dark because a big owl would swoop at me. Knocked my hat off once, another time he about had me and I hit him with my gun barrel. Not sure if it had a nest and viewed me as a threat or what? Two years ago I was squirrel hunting and shot one out of a tree and before I had time to pick it up a red tailed hawk came out of no where and nabbed him!

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My neighbor took a pic of an eagle on his farm 4-5 years ago that was feeding on someone's cat..... Maybe a mile as the crow flies from my house. Neighbors have had cats disappear from time to time. Could be any of several culprits.

3. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Over at farm. I HAD Red Tail Hawk getting my chickens when I let them out. Lets just say I don't lose any chickens now.

SmokeShow, bondhu, kyfarmer1 and 2 others like this.
  4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You scared them off. Good job.

SmokeShow, Feedman and JR in KY like this.
  5. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    YEAH IT IS HIDING REAL GOOD

SmokeShow, Feedman and JR in KY like this.
  6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    so you're obviously OK with poaching (poaching- illegal hinting or capturing of wild animals) a federally protected species, are you OK with all poaching or what poaching aren't you OK with?

7. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    POACHING NO IM AGAIN IT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. Who said I poached captured an animal? Where did I say that?

8. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    There you go DH 13. What I said about panties.

9. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    YEP!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he was talking about me PAOCHING EGGS. I DID that I got chickens. They lay eggs.

10. wv67

wv67 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I don’t think what the poster asked is that bad , it’s just sounding worse than it was IMO he didn’t do nothing he just thought about it but everyone has their own opinion .. Now when it comes to live stock what ever it may be or pets I was raised if it hurts what’s ours it’s dead snakes Yotes And so on don’t matter and pops said it ain’t poaching ..When it’s protecting something that’s yours . Just like it ain’t murder if your protecting you or what’s yours I still live by it and raised my kids to live by it

forager and DH13 like this.
  11. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Is a coyote worth having to try to explain to a judge why you had to jump out of a car on a highway and shoot at it? All it would take is one person to report a shooter on the highway and you got some 'splainin' to do.

forager likes this.
  12. One of the worst predators for newborn calves you fellas failed to mention is the federal protected black vultures. Shoot one of those bastards and they'll want to throw you in jail. An invasive species on top of that. Thank you Fish and Wildlife

elkaholic, kyfarmer1 and Feedman like this.
  13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Seems I read somewhere that you could get a permit to shoot them in the event they were attacking live stock. ???

14. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    It isn't the state call. They are federal also. bgkyarcher JUST HIT IT. When you read this it will say are permitted per application. So if WIFE and KIDS count which they do. MORE can be shot.
    Black Vulture Depredation Sub-Permit Notification, Application...
    fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Documents/BlackVultureDepredationPermitProcess.pdf

15. Well aware of the available permit. Like I said before invasive species. Migrated into this country. Should not be protected with our federal monies.

Dark Cloud likes this.