Road Hunters

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bigbonner, Nov 10, 2017.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    It is that time of year to sit and watch the road hunters come out .
    How many time have I seen road hunters driving the roads trying to find deer and take a shot .
    I don't like road hunters at all .

barney likes this.
  2. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    I been watching them since season started so far since September I heard 4 shots and one dead buck.

3. Davmu3

Davmu3 Fawn

Aug 23, 2015
    I know what your saying all to well. Several years ago I had a couple of road hunters shoot at a little buck while I was watching it. I was only 16 at the time and they had to of seen me bc I was in a fence row between two fields

4. BubEastKY

BubEastKY 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2016
    I'm in the southeast where we've been hit really hard by ehd. I'm dumbfounded at how many morons we still have out poaching and road hunting! The worst part is it seems no one ever gets caught...

turkeymanmike likes this.
  5. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Game wardens need to put up the fake deer more than they do . They also need to place them where Amish travel to and from . This time of year about every buggy has a riffle in it .

aaronc, Deadbeat and JR in KY like this.
  6. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Already seen road hunters this morning. Some of the going down the blacktop in side x sides

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  7. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Der amish seem pretty much exempt from fish and game laws. Can they be that much of an influence on elections?

aaronc likes this.
  8. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Thirty minutes ago: There's a CRP field across the street from me to the South that the people who own it sometimes hunt, very few trees but lots of places for deer to bed.

I hear a shot and think to myself, "they must have got one." 30 seconds later, another shot and I'm thinking, "they missed." 30 seconds later, another shot and I'm thinking, "WTH." So I go look out the window and sure enough, 2 punks driving down the road next to the field in a side by side, high-tailing it over the hill.

Wish I'd gotten a better look at them, I'd call the law on them in a heartbeat.

9. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I never judge another hunter by what sex or size deer they want to kill. Dosnt matter to me but road hunters like that chap my arse..Up and down the road all day in side x sides and 4 wheelers. Not hunting at all just road hogging the first animal they come across no matter whos land it is.

10. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    They will probably be back again

11. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Ohhhhh .... how I do hope so! I'll be looking out the window a lot quicker the next time.

To be fair, that was the first time in 4 years that I've been aware of anybody road hunting around me. Cropland or CRP in all 4 directions. Then again, as deaf as I am, they could have run around or through the fields with a convoy of side-by-sides and unless one of them fired a shot, I wouldn't know it. :(

The damn deer have worn a path along the edge of my yard, so as soon as everybody quits shooting I'm gonna' "Rand Paul" me a nice fat doe!! :D :D

bondhu, Feedman and BubEastKY like this.
  12. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Fawn

Oct 27, 2017
    vine grove
    I have one better than that. middle of September had 4 guys on game camera poaching a doe on my dad's church property in the middle of Louisville with a crossbow. since there was no plate number warden said nothing could be done. then we wonder why no one's scared to poach anymore. what happens if they do? pisses me off

KYote-Krusher and BubEastKY like this.
  13. aaronc

aaronc 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I think that would work toooooooo well. I't's for sure a no brainer. They would more than pay for the taxidermy cost an repair on a weekly basis from the fines they would generate. I GAURANTEE you I could catch 20 a week with that set up.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  14. wprebeck

wprebeck 10 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Gotta be Dixie Hwy. Shoot me a copy of the pic; my current employment has resulted in my knowing a lot of criminals, lol. Might be able to figure out who they are.

turkeymanmike likes this.
  15. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Every year we make sure we make the property we hunt on looks like somebody is around and cares about it. If we don't the road hunters will just pull over and hunt at our road accesses. If they think somebody might be around, they tend to keep looking for abandoned looking areas. We still occasionally hear them at night, which, I'm sure goes on year round.