Road Hunters

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bigbonner, Nov 10, 2017.

1. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    I'll plus one that one even. Reported a guy that had been poaching deer and turkey out of season a couple years back. CO caught him dragging a small buck out of the field the day before gun season with his 22/250 over his shoulder. CO was watching with binos from another property when it went down. Guy had zero repercussion except had to pay less than 70 dollars to get his weapon back. Now the same guys says he is above the law. Fired 3 shots on different days the week prior to gun opener and more than that in the spring the week before turkey opener. Makes me sick.

turkeymanmike likes this.
  2. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Fawn

Oct 27, 2017
    vine grove
    actually fairdale lol

3. elkwhisperer

elkwhisperer Fawn

Nov 26, 2014
    Logan County
    So I keep seeing this on hunting forums every year about all these people poaching. When are you guys gonna just grab the bull by the horns and do something about it instead of spouting off on here all the time? Call the warden! I understand that sometimes for some reason unknown to us they get off with just a slap on the wrist, but do your due diligence and report every one you can! I don't care of it's my next door neighbour or my brother, I'm still calling the warden if someone poaches a deer. I'm extremely proud of everyone that I have helped bring to justice an look forward to many more in the future!

4. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Seems to be getting worse here lately,we even had a game warden come and set up a deer decoy back in 2009, sure enough they got him and took his gun and truck and also found other deer he had been poaching...

5. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
  6. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    "Both men were sentenced to one year in jail and are to serve 30 days of home confinement, pay a $500 fine, their hunting licenses have been suspended for three years and to pay restitution of $10,000 which is to be paid to Fish and Wildlife plus costs by Judge Jeffrey Schumacher, according to court documents. Larry Fryman is also ordered to serve an additional 30 days on home confinement for the terroristic threat.

Larry Fryman was given an additional sentence of 120 days to run concurrent with the previous jail sentence, according to court records. His truck had ben confiscated and will be returned with Larry Fryman being responsible for towing or storage fees."

Did they even have hunting licenses to begin with?

7. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Having your license took means nothing to poachers. Then many of them have no money to pay the fines with and you can't garnish their SSI and what ain't there. Other lines of punishment in these circumstances would work much better. Perhaps a few hundred hours of community service rebuilding wildlife habitat

nateb440 and forager like this.
  8. bigbonner

bigbonner 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    These men was rich and have farm"S ,so no hunting license required , but they have money and get their truck back .

9. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Agreed. The penalties do not deter the behavior.

10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Just a matter of formality,probably had it all worked out long before court time.

forager likes this.
  11. Drahts

Drahts 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    114 years of buck hunting was in their truck and they get suspended license for 3 years? And a total of 10,500 in fines. Hell Wyoming fines that much for one poached buck. They should have been banned from hunting for 70 years each and the fine should have been over $50k. Those kinds of penalties will deter it. Slaps on the wrist will not.