Scent Control Hair Conditioner?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by jeanmelissa, Oct 26, 2003.

1. jeanmelissa

jeanmelissa Fawn

Oct 26, 2003
    I would love to hear what other people use for scent control hair conditioner! [?]

My boyfriend is an avid hunter and has started bringing me along on his outings. He is also a very big advocate of "scent control"... but the soap he uses right now leaves my hair completely unmanageable and I'd love to find a product that will remedy that!

Thanks!
    Jeanni[:)]

2. VinVega

VinVega 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2003
    Flatwoods, KY, USA.
    How bout covering your head during the hunt. After hunting, go home and wash your hair with whatever you normally do. I myself don't understand being SO strong into the scent thing. Because I would be willing to make a small bet that your boyfriend's gun smells like bore cleaner and oil while you're out, and that's exponentially stronger than human scent.

3. CPA Hunter

CPA Hunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    They make scent blocker pull over head and face masks. That should at least make your man think your hair's scent will be under control. It is made out of the same material the carbon suits are made out of and they suppress human scent.

Good to see you are willing to hunt with him, cause he may never stop. Many marriages/relationships go through rough times during hunting season -- I know my wife dreads it! Good luck!

4. Rob

Rob Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Murray, KY, USA.
    Try Scent-A-Way Shampoo & Body Wash. It is mild & what little hair I have left feels both soft & clean after I use it. I get it at Wal-Mart.

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back...

5. mossyhorns

mossyhorns Cyber-Hunter

Dec 10, 2001
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    I don't think it makes that much difference. You are not going to be scent free on the downwind side no matter what you use.

Personally, I'd rather sit in the woods with my wife -- good-smelling, well-conditioned hair and all -- as opposed to some skanky dude reeking from deer pee and and last night's too-spicy food! BTW, my wife is my good luck charm. I hunted for 15 years without a big buck until the first morning she went with me and BANG! -- an 11 pointer! I always see big deer when she goes. Tell bf he is very lucky to have a girlfriend that will accompany him on hunting trips AND cares about how she looks. Maybe you could try one of those apple scented shampoo-conditioners -- might actually attract deer! If all that fails and he still won't let you go with him until you've blanched both hair and skin with lye soap, get his credit card and go shopping while he hunts. When you've got them by the coins, their hearts and mind tend to follow.

6. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    take robs advise, i use the same stuff and my wife used it and she likes it. says it makes her hair nice and soft

"If you can learn to be an effective squirrel hunter, you can be a good hunter, period." Herold Knight

7. Troy

Troy BBBC Members

Jan 25, 2003
    I have come up with the ultimate way to completly eliminate hair scent. But beware It is not for the faint of heart. Please do not try to adjust your screen. This picture is rated PG13 because it could frighten small children!!!! Scroll down slowly and please do not eat for at least an hour before viewing. You have been warned!!!!!

Troy Gentry

[​IMG]

8. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    No deer is worth that![:D]

9. Troy

Troy BBBC Members

Jan 25, 2003
    Oh man that hurts!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!

10. Larry Carter

Larry Carter 8 pointer

Mar 2, 2003
    Crab Orchard, Ky, USA.
    And the beard and moustache aren't real hair??? Think complete would mean pluck those eyebrows too?

11. greenskeeter

greenskeeter Cyber-Hunter

Nov 3, 2002
    Bardstown, KY, USA.
  12. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Well to truely condition your hair and maitain a stealhy scent perspective you need to obtain deer lard and after using the scentaway shampoo completely cover your hair with the fat of the deer. After a day hunting use a light gentle shampoo to wash away the film and you will find that your hair is conditioned like never before.

In fact don't stop at your head, this natural product will soften your skin. See you later Aligator!

This product is not animal by-product free or hypoallergenic.
    No animal testing has been done on these Deer Beauty products.
    The manufactures of Deer Beauty Products warrant this product to be dolphin and whale free.