Sling bags for fishing tackle, creek fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by KYBOY, Mar 8, 2018.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    We creek fish a lot, walk the banks and wade a lot. Ive been using a cheap over the shoulder bag for some time and frankly getting tired of it.. Im thinking of trying a bag like this to fish with.. Lots of guys do and say there are comfortable but I was hoping someone here had some firsthand knowledge..
    This style
    https://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-413-Jumbo-S-Type-Versipack/dp/B002XLKZZO
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS1MQ6L/ref=twister_B0086UB5OG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Looks good. Where do u fish at? I grew up wading for smallmouth and rock bass.

3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I just wear a backpack. Holds plenty of gear.

4. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I wear a backpack outdoors all the time, I just thought the idea of being able to access everything in the bag without taking it off would be nice wading in a creek

5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Wear a small fanny pack for items you might need more frequently?

6. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Hey KYBOY I received an email from bass pro on the 7th of March. White River 270 degree packs may be what your after. They were on sale for like $40. Before I deleted it I thought you know that would work for creek fishin.

KYBOY likes this.
  7. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Thanks man, Ill check it out

8. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    I'm like you, just use a small over the shoulder bag. I did fish up north last year in a river and a buddy of mine had picked up a fanny pack that when unzipped housed two small plastic bait boxes. It has a couple of other compartments as well. May have been made with fly fishing in mind I'm not sure but it was handy as a pocket on a t shirt. Just enough room for tackle and a few snacks. He picked it up at a yard sale he said so I have no idea where it came from. Thing didn't have a name on it or anything.

9. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    How much gear do you want to haul? Would a nice fly fishing vest with lots of pockets, and a pouch in the back work for you?

Luther's Feist likes this.
  10. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va

11. Hey KYboy - I got a smaller pack similar to those for my son last year for his birthday to use fly fishing with us. I tried it out and it works pretty good. The harness on it was set up to where you could use is as an over the shoulder pack or a chest pack. Made it pretty handy. Came from Cabelas in Lex. We fly fish a lot so we are wading all the time. I use a combo of a fisherman's vest and a large fanny pack turned around so it is on the front. This has been perfect for me as long as I am not wading in really deep water. I hear they been stocking left and right beaver creek with Rainbow Trout. You ever catch any of em in Floyd Co? I still have a little farm on Right Beaver and want to bring my rig with me to fish some if I can figure out where they are putting the fish into the creek?

Irish

KYBOY likes this.
  12. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    @JG26_Irish yes they have been stocking it. Nice little creek. Lots of fish up by the old price coal tiple.. of course plenty have made their way up and down creek too.. I've been trout fishing the downstream areas below dewey and Paintsville with my boy this winter but plan on hitting beaver creek again this spring.. not being nosey but are you from Floyd?