Snowed in product

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Thought I'd post something different. I knew I would get snowed in this week and decide it would be a good time to finished a model I started a few days ago. Thought I'd post it on here.

It's a WW II German Panther A Late Type. I've had it for a while and had bought some extras for it about a year ago. On the left is the ATAK Zimmerit sheets because the model did not come with it. The middle is the Voyager Model Anti-aircraft covers PE set, it's made in brass and we use it for very small and thin parts. Forget the figure, I'm not that good with them but still trying.
    [​IMG]

I forgot to put the Friulmodel metal tracks in the above picture. We get these because they are much better than the plastic tracks and far more realist. Here I'm putting them together using my track jug. They cost as much as most models but worth it.
    [​IMG]

I've put on the Zimmerit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Put on a coat of black model primer, it does not fill in the Zimmerit like a regular primer will
    [​IMG]

Base paint.
    [​IMG]

Finisher weathered model.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
  4. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Very nice end result.
    I saw one of these at Aberdeen Md. When the collection of Armor was still there at the U S Army Ordinance Museum. I spent half a day with the famous Dr. William Atwater. I got to visit the Arms Room and handle some fantastic stuff.....
    You may have seen him as an Arms Expert on the History Channel.
    He is a really cool guy, dad was a Dean at Berea college but Bill spent a lot of time at The Bear and The Bull and Specks in Richmond.
    Did the Patton museum have one too?? They had a Tiger II.

5. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 6 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    That's out right professional work there

6. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Great work! Do you know a fellow named Hall that does tank and armored vehicle models near Ashland? He did dioramas also, but I don't know if he's still active in the shows anymore.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Thanks everybody.

No I don't know any Hall. I've met a few at some shows but this is just something I've been doing on and off most of my life.

reivertom likes this.
  8. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I'd say he quit going to shows a while back. I worked with him and he always showed us his art before he took it anywhere. The Nazis were evil, but they did have cool stuff.....that's why we took it and made some of it ours after the War.

9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
  10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    That's awesome. Nice work.