So much for the Hec's suit

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Duster, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Making you invisable to game as they advertise.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    BEAGLER89, carnivore and elkaholic like this.
  2. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    If anyone believes the crap they spew on their show about their suits then they are crazy. Invisable to game my rear end.

3. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    I think that sow thought he stole her earrings. You know females love their jewelry.

BEAGLER89, hotdog and elkaholic like this.
  4. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    You become invisible once you start running thru their digestive system.

cedar ridge likes this.
  5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m with you but apparently several branches and areas within the US military believe it. From what I hear they make more money off them than they do off hunters.

elkaholic likes this.
  6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

The Military changes Camo so often it is hard for servicemen and women to keep up. We have a National Guard site in the county and you see guys and girls in local stores in different camo all the time. If I remember right they don't give it out and make them pay out of their pocket with every change. Somebody is making some serious money on uniforms. What you say bet most of it is made oversea's. All we had was three color's, green, tan and blue back in the 60's.

7. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    No its ALL made in the US . Now the light green BDUs that have been worn by the Army for the last ten years suck! Multicam is much better. The Marines Desert pattern is pretty good all around if you stay in the shadows.

They either get a basic issue or a clothing allowance(Army). Other branches may require there people to buy more of the uniforms?

8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Their first mistake was hunting brown bear without a firearm capable of neutralizing the threat. Their second was thinking a piece of clothing makes them invisible.

Does the military use them for the camo pattern, or the EM blocking?

cedar ridge likes this.
  9. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Their first mistake was hunting brown bear without a firearm capable of neutralizing the threat. Their second was thinking a piece of clothing makes them invisible.

Does the military use them for the camo pattern, or the EM blocking?

elkaholic likes this.
  10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Wow. They were not prepared to deal with her at all. No way in hell i could let my guard down around a brown bear especially with a sow
    w/ cubs.

11. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    They do buy it but they get a clothing allowance.

12. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Exactly.

The second was assuming these bears were created by Disney, by being sucked into their fantasy Disney BS animal movies and that bears were as dumb as rocks.

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Seems like I remember that now but it was not enough to cover the price of one uniform IIRC and not that often. As a aircraft painter we got old used orange flight suits to work in so we didn't ruin our greens, same thing the Jet Jockeys wore back then, a few times we would get caught up working and be late for lunch and rather than go back to the shop and change just wear them to the chow hall. Had to drive thru and back thru the flightline gate going to chow hall and back to work. The AP's on that gate would salute us as we went thru being only the Jet Jocks wore them they thought and all of them were officers. We always got a laugh out of that. They got some crazy salutes back from the guys....LMAO. Sometimes I miss those days.. :(

elkaholic likes this.
  14. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    What did he think he was going to do when he went after the bear when it ran away the first time? Only Chuck Norris can beat up a large bear..... :^)

bondhu likes this.
  15. bdbrown66

bdbrown66 6 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    The bear wouldn't have gotten away from Chuck Norris the first time. ;)

reivertom, bondhu and EdLongshanks like this.