Talk about fast shipping new bow here

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by ojibwa62, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    The Poison 30 got here today ordered about a week ago.. sweet looking bow and feels good.. I have never held a Parker and normally won't buy a pig in a poke.. but could not pass up this deal.. IMG_20190124_151652648-800x450.jpg

elkaholic and JDMiller like this.
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    A friend of my bought the UL 30 package and it has an awesome feel. Light as a feather. Nice looking setup too!

3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    I hate to see Parker going out of business, but anyone thinking about a new bow should really look at the ones they have left . I think mostly the Poison 30 and 32.. I bought the 30 mainly for blind hunting .. They also still have lots of xbows at smoking hot deals. Don't let the going out of business scare you , you will still be able to get your bow worked on..

4. hunt

hunt 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    That's a nice looking bow and a great price also. My concern is not getting it worked on, but I know my luck, and if you happen to have a limb break(like I probably would-Murphy's Law) then I'd have a $400 paperweight.

aaronc likes this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Maybe , but I would bet someone is going to buy all their spare parts and they will be available for a while..

hunt likes this.
  6. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Parker's limbs are manufactured by Gordon Composites / Gordon Glass...... which is the company the majority of high end bow companies use for limbs... Hoyt & Elite as examples.

Which I've had several Parker products...bows & crossbows over the years ....also say I've known several others owning them. But I've never heard of any limb issues what so ever.

Which I agree .... anything's possible and Murphy's law is alive and well..... but Parker produced a solid bow. Definitely not speed demons and some models seemed a little heavy in hand...but for the money they were hard to beat.

http://www.gordoncomposites.com/industries/archery.html

ojibwa62 likes this.
  7. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Good looking bow ....congrats!!

ojibwa62 likes this.
  8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Actually it’s my only beef with Parker. I have a Cyclone xbow and the limbs have cracked/broke twice. Now, both times they repaired and shipped back, no problems. The set on it now has held up well. I bought the xbow in summer 08 when it was a new and hot item and most likely it was a flaw in the design they just needed to tweak. Now compounds, I’ve never heard of anyone having an issue. Never heard too many issues with xbows so like a said, maybe just a design flaw in mine. I can tell you this, it’s an awesome shooting, killing machine.

9. hunt

hunt 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    I had never heard of any limb issues either and probably has much to do with the manufacturer,but I know my luck also. I really like the looks of that Poison series posted above.

10. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Mine is a Parker Terminator x-bow I bought in 2005.... which was honestly one of their first crossbows when they entered the crossbow market. Its a killing machine too ...which I've never had the first issue with the limbs. In turn the only issue I ever had with it...is Parker used these Teflon strips on the surface of the rail. Being....the stock was film dipped camo... and the adhesive that held the Teflon strip wouldn't adhere and eventually loosen up...or come off which mine did.

I called Parker and explained the problem ....and they told me it was their fault as they failed to clean the surface before mounting the Teflon strips. They told me to take off both sides and clean / sand off any of the film dip....prep with acetone and they would send me a new set of the Teflon strips. Which literally the next day as they overnighted it to me an envelope with 2 sets of these teflon strips. Which I did what they told me.... and mounted the new ones..... literally 13 years later their still on and with a back-up pair if I ever need them.

But overall....as crossbows progressed and designs kept pre-loading the limbs even more for speed.... I can see limb problems occurring.

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I don’t know if you recall but I actually talked about it on a post back in the day. I actually have only shot Parker arrows in it and once the Capture nocks became a big thing they suggested I use all capture nocks. Their claim was over time the half moon nock arrows were coming off the rail too soon and so many shots would be just like a dry fire. I called BS on that a bit but to their credit since I spent the money just started using the capture nocks I haven’t had any limb issues.

12. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Now I just need to get it set up, stinks there isn't a real pro-shop within 60 mile, there are a couple guys that do it as a hobby but the hours stink.. In-range is close but its hard to get anything worked on if he is never there.. I may run by on Saturday hopefully he is there, all I want them to do is install a peep, square it up and install a string loop make sure cams are in time.

13. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    how is the bow when drawing back when the cams break? thinking i may order a couple and put them on a shelf for my boys when they're ready to "move up" to another bow. i may see if they'll sell extra modules for draw length. i've never drawn a Parker, most recently pulling on an Elite. I'm through Staunton once a month, i should stop in and check them out.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    I cant draw it without my release and cant use my release without a string loop..

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Go to Curtsingers in Danville. That’s an easy drive from Richmond/Waco. About 40 miles and a nice drive.