Tent recommendations for October/November

Discussion in 'Camping' started by 6 point 92, Jul 13, 2016.

1. 6 point 92

6 point 92 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2012
    Looking to do a few hunting/ camping endeavors during October and early November. I was looking at the sportsmans guide teepee tents because of the price. Would it be possible to put a tent stove in one? Thanks in advance.

2. BuckFeverFeen

BuckFeverFeen 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2015
    Somerset
    I have seen a video where a guy built/sewed a stove Jack into one of those tents or a similar tent but that's the only way.

3. shaman

shaman 8 pointer

Jul 20, 2004
    Neave, KY, USA.
    Do some research. They're cheap for a reason.

I would not want to share one of those tents with a stove. If it catches fire, you're toast.

My feeling is that KY in October and November you're bumping into the end of 3-season tent weather. I've camped in 22F in a Eureka Timberline, and it was not pleasant. 4 -season tents holds heat in better. I'd go for a double-wall tent that took the fly all the way to the ground. By late-October, I usually moved into the back of my truck with the nice cap.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    I am looking for a good 4season tent. Planing to hunt DBNF this Nov if all goes well.

5. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Bivy. Get way back there.

6. Zeb

Zeb 6 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    We slept in a cheap 12x8 tent last gun season and used a Little Buddy heater. It worked surprisingly well. I was worried about CO and left the door flap opened a little at the top but didn't have any issues

7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

What sections? There are a lot of overhanging rocks that are the way to go with tent camping. You can setup your tent and never see a drop of rain on your fire.

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Take a tarp or two an put over an under your tent. Makes them warmer.

9. McKarl Duke

McKarl Duke Fawn

Aug 29, 2017
    home
    I have a Macpac Minaret tent and I love it. Durable and the floor is very waterproof.