Thanksgiving Day Hunt??

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by thunderstorm, Nov 26, 2002.

1. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    What will everyone be hunting Thanksgiving morning?
    I grew up rabbit hunting Thanksgiving but have been duck hunting now for about 12 years. This year I might try rabbit hunting again unless the weather is cold and wet, then I will be at the duck pond.

2. BigDaddy

BigDaddy 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2002
    BOWLING GREEN, KY, USA.
    I will be hunting the silly wabbits. Its a family tradition!!! Looks like the weather is going to be just about right for Thursday morning. Don't eat too much turkey!!

I'd rather be huntin....

3. TripleBlind

TripleBlind Fawn

Oct 29, 2002
    I'll have some feet in my face!!!!

4. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Grouse, I love punishment

5. Flintlock54

Flintlock54 6 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Winchester, KY, USA.
    Wabbits wif a muzzlewoader, don't get any better than that.

6. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I want to hunt grouse, but both my boys and four GRAND daughters and I are rabbit hunting Thanksgiving morning. Those GRAND daughters can make you do funny things.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    This is the first Thankgivings I will not ba able to hunt. Since my farther passed away this year I've got to take over by having my family at hime. Hope everyone has a good day hunting.

8. kyduck24

kyduck24 Fawn

Sep 24, 2002
    Nicholasville, Kentucky.
    Ducks in the morning and if I can move after we eat I will probably go sit in a picked corn field and shoot at some doves. Everyone have a safe and happy turkey day.

9. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    I will be trying my blind out for the first time and try for a big gobbler that my dad has had his eye on... good luck to all and have fun with the families they will be there when the hunting isn't.....

10. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
    Traveling to LBL in the afternoon to bowhunt a long weekend. Wish me luck. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

11. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    How did everyone do today? I ended up rabbit hunting with some folks.
    We got 7

12. Flintlock54

Flintlock54 6 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Winchester, KY, USA.
    Total of six rabbits by three shooters.

13. Big58cal

Big58cal 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    KY
    Had to go to northern OH for T-giving. Just got back tonight. I spent T-giving morning watching the Outdoor Channel sitting in my long underwear and drinking a cup of coffee. That's about as close to hunting as I got. I did get to go to Cabela's in Dundee, Michigan on Saturday though. That was pretty cool. Would have been better if it hadn't have been so packed!

I tolerate my wife's relatives at either T-giving or X-mas each year. The one thing that helps me through it is that one of her uncles and a couple of her cousins hunt, and they've got the Outdoor Channel!!!!!!