The 12pm 12 pt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by turkeykiller82, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:40 PM.

1. turkeykiller82

turkeykiller82 6 pointer

Apr 26, 2008
    glasgow
    Yesterday morning I hunted a farm in Warren County where I saw a lot of deer activity on Sunday morning. Left there at 10 and after running to BG to pick something up for my lovely wife, I called my hunting buddy to schedule a deer drive. He said yes I'm all in what time want to try it. I said how about pick you up at 11:30. Long story short I dropped him off and got setup in my position. He text the lovely text of "they are coming and the back is a buck". Thinking it would be few mins before they get to me so wasn't quite expecting this quick. He was about 700 yards away when jumped them and within 20 seconds of the text I hear a grunt, look up and here come a buck chasing a doe out in front of the drive. She came off the hill and back up other side and stopped at 10 yards he stopped few feet behind her. After passing on a good buck Saturday afternoon in Christian and a good 8 that morning in Warren this one caught my eye with the mass. So needless to say at little over 10 yards away he didn't go anywhere but down. I text my buddy and said wasn't the biggest one we had pics of on this farm but I just couldn't pass him up. The other deer that he jumped was actually couple does and little 4 pt. Will try and post some pics here. buck.jpg buck2.jpg

2. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    I sure hope drives dont get started here like they are in PA. If you're hungry I understand it, otherwise I think it is no prize.

3. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Nelson County
    First reply to the man's post, and you want to be a Richard. He'll hunt his place as he sees fit, and you might should try the same. Drives are effective, even if you don't care for them. Mind your own biscuits, and life will be gravy.
    Helluva deer OP.

cfd266, scrape, carnivore and 6 others like this.
  4. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    I will have my opinions, and you can have yours. America is a wonderful place that way.
    If you don't agree you can say so, but the name calling is juvenile.
    Funny how everyone throws names on a keyboard. Enjoy your evening.

5. rlb165

rlb165 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Turkeykiller82, either my phone is messed up, or there is something very, very wrong with that buck. No way those main beams are supposed to be that big!
    Seriously, Congratulations!!

6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Thanks for sharing the pic and the story. Incredible mass for a relatively compact rack.

7. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
  8. jamesw

jamesw 6 pointer

Mar 23, 2011
    seky
    I thought drives were illegal in Kentucky. Im not trying to stir the pot or anything. Forgive me for my ignorance. That buck is a dandy, and congratulations on taking him.

9. Pops1960

Pops1960 Spike

Feb 4, 2011
    Never even heard that. Go anywhere the Amish hunt and you'll see plenty of drives.

turkeymanmike likes this.
  10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I actually did as well but think there are some stipulations like you cant shoot in the air while you walk, etc...
    Anyway, all that aside, that buck is a beast! Congrats!

rockhousehunter likes this.
  11. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Fawn

Oct 27, 2017
    vine grove
    haha dude you hit the nail on the head. why am I noticing this sight is full of crybaby douche wads lol

12. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Awesome buck,thick rack. Congrats