The Nuge a support dodger?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by REGULAR JOE, Feb 25, 2004.

1. REGULAR JOE

REGULAR JOE 6 pointer

Jun 30, 2003
    London, KY.
    According to a Foxnews.com story, uncle Ted has refused to pay support to a son he fathered with a woman 8 years ago. Strike that, the story states that he pays an amount equivalant to that of someone who earns $20k per year. Additionally, he has attempted to gain some form of custody to prevent paying. Paternity has been established and apparently, he doesn't deny the child is his.

I don't think this really changes my opinion of him as an advocote of all things outdoors. As a man with millions of dollars, I hope he has to pay the appropriate amount of support. To me, it's like an athlete who may not be the pillar of the community but on the field of play, they are a leader and give their all. You kind of have to separate the two sides of the individual. Then again, I see Pete Rose and cannot reasonably differentiate the two sides because his off-field activities blur any accomplishments he had as a player. However, what Nugent is doing/has done is commonplace in our society and he will eventually pay up and all will be forgotten. What would someone have to do to make you not support or admire them from whatever vantage point you see them (e.g. Nugent as an outdoorsman vs Nugent as a Rocker)?

"As with man, it is what's between the ears that makes a buck what he is."

2. hardwoods hunter

hardwoods hunter Fawn

Nov 23, 2003
    USA.
    Ted constantly espouses the virtues of being a man and being one with the wild. Isn't taking care of your children part of being a man?

A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.

3. rwhde

rwhde Fawn

Jan 19, 2004
    USA.
    Well I used to think Ted was OK you know God, Guns and Glory and all until I watched his rendition of survivor, Surviving Nugent. I have to say I was thoroughly not impressed. This guy cant open his mouth without some big string of cuss words that would make a sailor blush. I think his whole line is a bunch of bull. I suppose you have to commend him for the work he does with the kids and all but common and finish it up. I guess you can take the headbanger off the stage but you cant take the stage out of the headbanger.

4. Big R

Big R 6 pointer

Oct 21, 2003
    Providence, Ky, USA.
    What do you expect?If you have ever seen his show on the Outdoor Channel or watched one of his videos you can plainly see that he is NOT RIGHT.The man is off his rocker period.I know he does alot of good for the sport but he also does alot of bad.Eveen though he's a nut I still watch his show.Sometimes I just have to turn the volume down after he shoots something and starts rambling on with that crazy stuff he says.

Randy LaNeve
    Big R Custom Calls

5. Hunting_Medic

Hunting_Medic 6 pointer

Jan 7, 2004
    Hopkins Co., Ky..
    I do not know about his child support plight, but I can say this. With his kids camp, outdoor federation, and T.V. show, he has turned more people on to hunting that any of us ever will. Ever see one of his concerts? He brings his bow and does demos while promoting hunting. Some times I think if St. Peter came down and started hunting, people would find reason to gripe.

"Grip it and rip it!" - John Daly

6. imported_n/a

imported_n/a 6 pointer

Nov 30, 2003
    Why would a guy spend time with this so called kids camp, etc. but deprive his own child the same? Anyone, regardless of who they are, that doesn't take care of their own is a lowlife. As for my children, they won't be going to the "nuge" camp. Hunters aren't that desperate that we need to embrace any and all just for supports sake. Man, some of his stuff is just plain whacky.

The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: Proverbs 12:27

7. MULESKINNER

MULESKINNER 6 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    What is the spirit of the WILD anyway?
    Go gonzo uncle Ted!

Sam

Drake Ridge Oufitters...If you don't hunt here, PLEASE, hunt somewhere!

8. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    CAN SOMEONE POST THIS STORY I HAVENT SEEN IT

9. REGULAR JOE

REGULAR JOE 6 pointer

Jun 30, 2003
    London, KY.
    Try this link to get to the story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112401,00.html

10. REGULAR JOE

REGULAR JOE 6 pointer

Jun 30, 2003
    London, KY.
    FYI....I tried it after I posted the link and as of 7:20, it is still taking you to the story.

11. gung

gung 8 pointer

Jan 29, 2004
    Graves County
    sounds like his primal spirit was soaring.lol

12. Hunting_Medic

Hunting_Medic 6 pointer

Jan 7, 2004
    Hopkins Co., Ky..
    The report says that he does not deny the child and he has been makeing regular payments to the mother. The amount he should pay is up to the judge, not to us. How some of you can say he is not a man and not paying enough when you do not have the facts in front of you, makes me laugh. This is something that happens hundreds of thousands of times a year here in the U.S. As a matter of fact, I would be willing to bet there are some who read this post who has been taken to court by their ex for more money.

"Grip it and rip it!" - John Daly

13. Big58cal

Big58cal 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    KY
    AMEN Hunting Medic! Who's to say that the woman (a.k.a. mother) isn't making 100K/year? The article doesn't tell "the whole story". Too many people, both here and in society as a whole, are too quick to pass judgement on people without knowing the facts of the case.

As someone already said, the man has done more for hunting than ANY of us will EVER do!!!!! He may be a little "off the wall", but most of us that aren't that way, relate to him. Besides, with the "rocker" in him, he related to kids that only know rock and roll, and aren't exposed to hunting/fishing.

Personally, I think the man is a little off the wall, but I'm surely not going to pass judgement on him for what the "media" says about him on child support. When both sides of the story are known, as well as what the judge ordered him to pay, then everyone will know the whole story. Until then, let the man's record (no pun intended) speak for itself!

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

14. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    The Tin Foil Mansion
    I'll second that Big58cal! "AMEN Hunting Medic! Who's to say that the woman (a.k.a. mother) isn't making 100K/year? The article doesn't tell "the whole story". Too many people, both here and in society as a whole, are too quick to pass judgement on people without knowing the facts of the case."

And the rest as well, I for one, know the "media" as a whole is out for their "agenda" (gun control....to do that they need to be anti-huniting also).....

I do NOT know the whole story or claim to, but I will say this: in Ted's defense, how else could HE act(and get young people involved in the sport....using the "media" to do it???????) Does that make him "off" I don't think so, he's CRAZY .......like a fox in my humble opinion!!!!

I HAVE actually chatted WITH HIM on his forum(so I feel I "have a clue" ) I honestly believe he's using what is available to him in any way he can to promote our sport..... he(or she) who can do better "cast the first stone"....... A "rocker" who promotes the great outdoors.....NO DRUGS etc. sure that's "thinking outside the box" having three children I think that's a "good thing" as for the rest... I do NOT think for a second that he's that kind of person or stupid enough to do ALL THAT HE'S DONE FOR CHILDREN yet leave out one "he doesn't deny" being his own...Again I don't know but just because someone prints "Elvis is spotted" I don't just go out and try to "see" him: nor do I believe that "guns kill people" or good citizens shouldn't own them.....

One of my favorite all time quotes is by him to "the media" ..." If guns kill people.....all of mine are defective"....That is someone I want ON my side ..... let's face it we ALL have faults(that's what makes us humans)... and I'm certain he's no different, but.......and a big but.......he does do MORE than his part to educate young people and actually tells them " I'm older than Ozzie, I can climb into a treestand Ozzie can't even walk or talk" ........ " Ozzie got high on drugs ....I get "high" on hunting" ....that is a positive message for young people IMHO he does MORE good than harm and should be respected by parents and hunters alike for his message (even though some think he's "off the wall" I think he's smart enough to "beat the media" at their own game") Just some food for thought from a Kentucky "hillbilly" [:)]

<hr noshade size="1">
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!

Reloaders Haul Brass!

15. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    The Tin Foil Mansion
    Also Hunting Medic; you bring up a most important FACT: support is decided by a JUDGE; not Ted or me or ...or......I find it impossible to believe that the judge thinks Ted makes 20K per year, nor do I think the judge is a fool, so I'm reasonably certain the facts are not being honestly disclosed.....IF in fact he's doing that ( which is VERY hard to believe) ...that's another story, but without having the WHOLE story I'm sticking with him on this.... Why would anyone do what HE'S done for kids( including those "Make a wish foundation" "didn't have time or funding for" and then do that??????? It just plain doesn't add up......IMHO

There is nothing wrong in posting the "story"..... but WE as a "group" need to STICK TOGETHER AS ONE if we are to SURVIVE we are a minority (and our numbers are dropping .....a weakness to the "antis")....

Which does bring up yet another "point" on his behalf....what he and his wife(Shemane) have done to promote "our" sport to women is nothing to take lightly... (she has made women aware of facts they'd only hear from her being his wife...or I at least think this to be true)

They have their own radio program (up north) where so much is done and said that is "amazing" that most people don't know about.....PRO guns....PRO hunting ANTI drugs etc etc etc. That's important to "our" sport and VERY important IMHO to our children and their children; after all how can ANY parent impress upon a teenager like a "rock star" ? We can't ....He CAN and that I think is the "thing" that matters!

<hr noshade size="1">
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!!

Reloaders Haul Brass!