Theives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Jarhead, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2005
    Allen co. Ky.
    Well I finally got hit! Went to check Cameras today and one of my Coverts was gone. I've never had any problems on this farm. It was right in the middle of a large chunk of ground that only myself and someone with me can hunt. I live right here and have a bad rep with the couple trespassers I've caught on us. So we haven't had any problems in several yrs. Sat night I was out on the back porch kinda late listening to some coon hounds run that sounded like were on us. there is two guys that have permission but always call me once deer season is in to see if it is ok. Just figured it was one of them. Called both of these guys tonight and neither were here hunting. One of them lives just up the road and he ran in to some guys from Lafayette, Tn who were on a farm that only he has permission to hunt on. They tried to bull him and say they had permission. This was two farms away. Also the race I was hearing had alot of dogs. My Bud said they had 6 or 7 dogs with them when he ran them off. Can't say it was them but kinda makes me lean in that direction. I got a discription of their truck and the drivers name. Needless to say any dogs I hear, their owners better get to them before I do and get gone! Im gonna go lock everything up tomorrow! I HATE THEIVES!!!!! They could of just took the card and then their ugly mugs would still be safe!

2. Battlehard25

Battlehard25 Spike

Jun 27, 2010
    Western Kentucky
    We've had alot of trouble out of guys cooking meth too. They steal everything too, stands, cameras, cut wood..... The list goes on and on.

CC

3. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    When it comes to that kind of trash they wouldn't take just the card when they can get a 200$ camera to. Hope you find the worthless pos.

4. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

I would rather have meth cookers than coon hunters.

5. Georgia Transplant

Georgia Transplant 10 pointer

May 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    I'm sorry to hear of your problem. I have 2 of those cam's on my place. If anyone ever steals them then I won't be buying anymore.

6. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

I have been a victim of theives as well and it seems once a week there is a thread about either theif or trespass. I have never experianced this anywhere else I have hunted (5 different states). Is it this forum that provides the ability to communicate these issues and it just happens everywhere or is it the state of Kentucky?

7. Biggen

Biggen 6 pointer

Sep 17, 2010
    Mason County
    Theives should have their thumbs cut off so they can't pick any thing up the rest of their lives.

8. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    I never seen it as bad in any place i lived before. Nh.,Tx, Ct. Ri. Me Ky is by far the worst state i have seen for tress passers. Ri was bad also. just not quite as bad. may be just my experiance with the locals where i live. been here 6 years and still can't keep certain people out. and the por co has so much arera to cover i don't know how he ever catches anyone.

9. fcfishking

fcfishking 8 pointer

Apr 11, 2010
    Fairdale, KY
    Got hit hard last Sunday , derelicts broke in my truck at home and got new CVA 50 caliber, Knight 50 caliber, Barnett Predator Crossbow, and Bowtech Destroyer, along with rangefinder, binocs, etc. Came home from hunting in the morning and then sighting in guns in the afternoon, left it all locked up and went in for dinner and shower. Everything covered up, not visible, in the drive. I went out to put it all up in the garage about 11 and everything was gone. Cops told me the QDMA and Antler King stickers, or any kind of hunting decal, is like a beacon for thieves. They better hope the cops find them before I do!

10. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    It's a shame that someone stoops so low to steal. I hate thieves!!!

11. TRAILMASTER

TRAILMASTER 8 pointer

Feb 12, 2004
    Nelson, Co.
    I would say you did. You have a lot of money tied up in all that equipment. Will home owners Ins. cover that?

I hate thieves!!!!

12. ducksndeer

ducksndeer Fawn

Sep 14, 2009
    deep, ky

Homeowners will cover that. I had a new alphamax, video cam, trail cam, etc stole from my vehicle about 3 weeks ago. The worst part is the deductable and the depreciation but at least I got something back out of it. Nowhere near enough to cover all thats gone though. Good luck with finding them.

13. N2MyWake

N2MyWake 10 pointer

Nov 26, 2003
    Kentucky, USA.
    If you have the guys name and truck description you may be able to get the Allen Co sherrif to do a lookup to see what vehicle the guy has registered to him, if it matches your description you might be able to put a little pressure on him....

14. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Hey man, sorry to hear that Hopefully you can find out who did it.

15. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    Thats about the most stupidest comment I have ever heard!