Think I’ll give bear hunting a try this year.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by basshunter9239, Aug 29, 2018.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    funny, or not if its your property, but my bear outfitter in Alberta says the bears love to eat the seats on his Honda ATV's parked in his driveway. he has taken matters into his own hands a time or two, and he doesn't even bother with shoveling.

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

They do like to chew on plastic. For some reason I had a funny feeling at one ground blind bait site sitting on a 5 gallon bucket full of holes made by a bear chewing on it. I kept a close eye behind me just in case it came from that direction looking for it's favorite bucket. I am sure the outfitter had at one time used it to carry bait in and still smell good to Mr Bear.
    Like said some now live in bear country and the bears are not going anywhere so may as well get used to it and take measures to the best of their ability to prevent damage.

3. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    Best way to address a problem animal,
    SSS

4. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    No, it's not. The best way would be to allow us to legally harvest more bear and to utilize the meat, etc.

5. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Saw a small bear dead on the side of the road yesterday afternoon just outside of Cumberland, probably hit by a car. So many bear in this area now no one even stops to look at it, it will just lay there and rot like a road killed Dog, Cat, or deer...

6. BucksandFish

BucksandFish 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2012
    E-town
    Pete I'll do a hunt swap with you. I'm hunting in Larue county. Got stands up and will walk you into them.

7. BucksandFish

BucksandFish 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2012
    E-town
    EXACTLY, EXACTLY, EXACTLY. I've offered all of the above and more. Still just a bunch of moaning but no takers. I've told them I DO NOT want to shoot ANY of their deer and still the same response.

8. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY

FYI:
    Please refer to post #42 in this thread....

I still hate bear.......

9. danf26

danf26 6 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    a person should not have to change the way they live to accomidate bears. it took daniel boone and our forfathers a long time to get rid of them. we should not be trying to repopulate them. i hate them

barney likes this.
  10. danf26

danf26 6 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    since my last post ten minutes ago i been in my yard trying to run one off it just stits there ans snaps its teeth at me. at 20 yards

Dark Cloud and barney like this.
  11. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Wouldn't snap at me for very long.

barney likes this.
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Me and a buddy would offer a trade on our farms for the 2 of us to kill a Bear. ZONE 1 plenty of Deer and place to stay to.

Meatstick likes this.
  13. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They tell me ,one of them AK 47’s emptied under their feet ,will make one leave.

barney and DH13 like this.
  14. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Here is what bear do to feeders.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Think I would use a different type feeder than a tripod.