This early?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Outdoorsman12, Mar 25, 2018.

1. cedar creek

cedar creek 8 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    It’s on for sure, saw a bunch of toms off 127 Lawrenceburg and off 64 Friday morning, beautiful sights, when I was young I used to go sit out this time of year and watch and listen, now when you really see the action

2. Outdoorsman12

Outdoorsman12 6 pointer

Mar 24, 2018
    Southwest virginia
    Anybody besides me packing a orange hat and vest for safety?

3. cedar creek

cedar creek 8 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    A great idea, I know a father that got shot by his son, bad stuff does accidentally happen

4. Outdoorsman12

Outdoorsman12 6 pointer

Mar 24, 2018
    Southwest virginia
    With all due respect ceder Creek
    It just seems like common sense to me to be visible going in or coming out of the woods.
    Just watched a YouTube video of a guy getting shot. Not cool,
    That guy was mad as hell
    And called a C.O

5. wv67

wv67 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    They was gobbling a few weeks ago then it turned cold and we have had a lot of snow on and off the last two weeks and they have went quiet but they will start back up the 16 of April can’t get here fast enough , far as orange goes My vest comes with it and I carry a hat if I hunt public getting shot does suck , I was shot at age 17 knocked out cold and didn’t have all my sight back for two days scary and a lesson learned

6. Outdoorsman12

Outdoorsman12 6 pointer

Mar 24, 2018
    Southwest virginia
    I'm going to get up in the morning and get out and try to hear one or two gobble.

7. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I slipped over to my place last Friday morning.

Which I unlocked the gate .. pulled in and parked..didn’t want to drive any further. In turn ..it was still pretty dark .. about a quarter till 6 (central Time) ... so I just decided to sit in the truck for a bit.

Sat there a few minutes .... decided to roll the window down.... I’m like dang I’m hearing turkeys gobbling. So... I bail out and start walking towards our cabin and general direction I’m hearing the birds.

Best I could gather... I heard 4 different gobblers in one location...... only gobbling I heard on the place. But I heard them fly down....heard hens as well. They stayed pretty vocal for a good 30 minutes or more. Than I didn’t hear a peep.

Which our numbers are down..... 2-3 years ago would have heard a dozen toms on the place in various locations. But it’s good to hear these though.

Outdoorsman12 likes this.
  8. Outdoorsman12

Outdoorsman12 6 pointer

Mar 24, 2018
    Southwest virginia
    Hurry up April 14.. and get here, my Mossberg is lonely for some feathered company

9. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    When it comes to breeding I agree with the turkeys:D

Feedman likes this.
  10. Outdoorsman12

Outdoorsman12 6 pointer

Mar 24, 2018
    Southwest virginia
    I concur although I have seen gobbling activity slow down due to weather changes

11. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    I live in eastern Kentucky I have heard one ton gobbling.very worried one place I hunt there always have been seven or eight toms on this place been there two or three times at first light no gobbling. Two or three of my buddy’s are saying the same thing maybe things will change in a week or so.

12. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    Monday morning we seen 13 hens and one tom puffed up.