This guy missed this Deer…Thirteen times

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by EC, Nov 1, 2016.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    This guy missed this Deer…Thirteen times
    calstaff Leave a comment

This guy can be the next American Sniper, no not likely.
    Ok maybe he’s just having a bad day. A very bad day. Maybe he’s experimenting a bent barrel, or using a lighter grain ammo.

Amazingly, the buck barely moves in between misses. The range is unknown, but it must be a long shot. You are also able to see the bullet’s vapor trail on the video.

One would think after several rounds of misses, the hunter would make some adjustments or Kentucky wind it. Goes to show how difficult precision long-range shooting can be, with many factors to account for such as swirling winds and the inconsistencies in ammunition.

That deer has nine lives.
    http://calsportsmanmag.com/this-guy-missed-this-deer-thirteen-times/

2. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    Used to be ..... if they hung you three times or put you in the electric chair three times, and you didn't die, they'd let you go.

I think the poor 'ol deer ought to get a similar consideration. Three strikes and you're OUT!! :)

3. jshepherd

jshepherd 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    Breathitt
    I believe I would have just give up lol

4. BikerTrash22

BikerTrash22 Fawn

Nov 18, 2015
    Who carries that much ammo into the woods!

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    So a question of hunter ethics...if you miss say 4 times, is it not unethical to keep shooting? 13 times is ridiculous in my opinion. I understand if the target hasn't moved, but this guy was all over the place.

6. Grey

Grey Spike

Nov 15, 2013
    Ghost Deer

7. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Back when I was a youngun growing up we used to run dogs, one morning I watched 5 grown men miss a deer 17 times and not a one cut a hair on it.

8. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 8 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    That's unacceptable. Dipwad has no business shooting at an animal at that distance. Even if he connected, it obviously would have been pure luck and even more luck if it hit vitals. Idiotic to continue flinging lead. Absolute knuckle-dragger with no respect for the game he's chasing.

9. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Looks like most shots he had a decent group at ground level with his rear hooves.
    Yeah Kentucky windage of up half a deer, and right half a deer woulda brought home the bacon.

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That's fake.

11. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Must have been a star of one of the "Alaska" shows..None of them could hit a bull in the ass with a fistful of shell corn.

12. OldEarnhardtFan

OldEarnhardtFan 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2014
    Northeast of Berea
    I once hunted with a guy who couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat!

13. I hunted for years with an iron sight Winchester trapper in 44mag and had never missed a deer and they always dropped where they stood. It had been a very efficient game killer. Then one year, I got a shot at the deer of a lifetime. Range was 35-40yds. He stood in the same spot where I had killed two others years past. It was a chip shot. Easy Peesey, right? I was not a noob either. Had been hunting for years and was very experienced. I fired once, twice, and a third time with a perfect broadside tgt. I even sat down after the second miss to have a more stable shooting position. The deer flinched but never jumped or ran and finally after the 3rd shot he saw or winded me and ran off. The gun had always shot a little high (2") at close range like that and I was shocked that I missed that deer. Not blood, no hair, no nuthin. I was so stunned that I went back to my stand and shot a tree to check zero which was directly beside of where that deer stood. The shot hit 16" high. At some point, the sights had gotten snagged in the guncase which moved the sliding ramp on the crappy Winchester factory sights, thus altering their zero upwards. This changed what should have been a point blank KS into a multiple miss.

I was so PO's that I retired that gun from regular use and replaced it with a custom 270 Mauser with Leopold optic that has never missed, ever. Recently, I did install a nice ghost ring sight to the winy that solves its accuracy problems. Makes it a nice saddle gun, brush gun, etc. Doubt I would ever use it though. Never know when a 2nd chance at the deer of a lifetime will occur, lol.

Irish

14. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Looked fake/doctored to me.

15. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    He needs to give up and start knitting or playing Bingo.