This is how people do ya

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Rodeo man, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    I lease all of farms out but 2. I've caught a lot of flack for that on here, and it doesn't bother me. We all do what we do, and I do that. Iniatially started, because I was tired of being taken advantage of by family and friends. Figured if I was going to have people on me, I might as well get paid for it. Any way, long story short that broke a lot of hearts, and upset a lot of people. The 2 farms I kept out were for my kids hunt (I don't personally hunt, but enjoy taking them). Caught a lot of flack on here for that to. I'm not a tree hugger, I just got too much to do to to have my own hobby. I'd rather take the kids. My kids have filled their turkey tags (Thanks to my wife's over zealous posting on Facebook, people know that). Well the phone starts ringing. A family member wants to take his daughter. Hard to say no, so I say yes. Ends up the boyfriend brings the daughter. Then the boyfriend comes without the daughter. This morning, him and a cab full of young men who are skipping school show up hunting. I've got food plots, I've got permanent blinds, I'm pretty invested in hunting (as most of you are). Really don't mind helping a young person, it's not like that at all. Just get so sick and tired of being ran over.

2. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Sad... but predictable.

3. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    What did you do? I would have lost my mind.

4. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    Haven't done anything yet, and won't be home till after dark today.

5. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 6 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    I would explain to them that nobody could come besides the ones that you told could come. And if someone else come. They can't come back.

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I know things like this happen all too often, but I cant imagine having the balls to do something like that. People are clueless and ignorant. Just another reason I've lost faith in our society.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Close it up. Call family member and let them know how boyfriend's actions have resulted in you having no choice but to disallow hunting on your farms but for immediate family members.

8. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Actions like this is the reason most people won't trust hunters on thier property.They can't be satisfied until they bring thier buddy

9. EKYridgerunner

EKYridgerunner 10 pointer

Sep 13, 2010
    X2.

Very true, but I think d-bags like described are the minority.

10. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    incredible how stupid some people are.

11. Fat_Matt

Fat_Matt 6 pointer

Dec 28, 2011
    Elsmere, KY
    I'm fortunate enough to have a place to hunt, that I don't have to pay for and it's private. He's good friends with my grandpa and has let us hunt there for 10 years now. The only ones who hunt it are the landowner, his wife, son in law, myself, my uncle and my cousin. My grandpa is too old and fragile to hunt anymore but we have built a relationship with the landowner and he still allows us to come down whether it be to throw out some minerals or whatever. I have friends all the time ask me if they can come down and hunt with me but I tell them no each time because I don't want to abuse what I have. I respect the land I hunt and the owner too much to throw it away. I think that's how the boyfriend should have been but instead wanted to be Joe Cool and show off to his buddies that he has a place to hunt. Sad. Sorry this is happening to you.

12. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Back in the later part of the 90's I worked with a guy that was always talking about quail hunting and his hunting dogs. I had never been and he always told me if I could find a place he would tag along to get a hunt in. I hunted a farm in Hardin county and my brother in law grew up on the place. I inquired with him if it would be alright to bring this guy down to quail hunt with me and he said sure knock yourself out. The next weekend I had this guy from work drive an hour and a half to meet me at this farm. Shortly after unloading the dogs and equipment we started hunting a field edge. My BIL's brother came out and met us and proceeded to rip my ass in a special kind of way. I was a grown ass man getting my ass ripped by another grown man in front of another grown man!! I was embarrassed beyond anything I had done before. The property owner was mad at me. Mad at the brother in law. And generally just pissed that I came and brought someone with me. I explained to him that I sought permission from BIL and apologized profusely. Come to think of it I had to apologize to a lot of people that day. Any way, me and the property owner patched things up. Me and the coworker were fine. Me and my BIL don't get along so well anymore. The moral to the story is: if you have a place to hunt, never, ever, ever take or ask to take someone with you. Unless the property owner offers just leave that alone.

13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    My dad had a boss once that owned a few farms and he'd let my dad and our immediate family hunt. One day another worker begged permission and he told him he could. The guy showed up with 3 other guys. He shut em down quick. The least we can do is be respectful of the land owners wishes. My dad would never take a sole on the property without asking permission. For that he let us hunt for years until he passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Make him learn the lesson now! It might make him a better person in the end, and maybe not!!!!
    If you are allowed to hunt, don't treat it like you own it.

15. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Reminds me of that old addage "Givem an inch, they'll take a yard"