This mornings hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by childersb24, Oct 12, 2017.

1. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    Hunted a new spot this morning and blew several deer out walking in. Needless to say I seen zero deer. So i climbed down put my stand together and headed to my camera I had near by. As I got close to my camera I noticed some turkey in the bottoms below. They seen me about the time I seen them. For whatever reason they started putting and clucking and ran right to me and stopped at 40 yards. I drew back and let a arrow fly. Turkey dropped right in her tracks and the others started pecking it. Turned out to be a great hunt after all.

Attached Files:

F250Stroke, davers, BubEastKY and 6 others like this.
  2. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    COOL! Anytime I can take a turkey with my bow you can bet your butt im going too. I just deer hunt to get me by until spring turkey season anyway anymore. Congrats and some fine eating there.

3. ken smallwood

ken smallwood Fawn

Aug 31, 2017
    fl
    DILLY DILLY

4. bondhu

bondhu 8 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    That is one of the great deals with hunting. unexpected Congrats on the turkey. kabobs on the grill will let you think on the next plan for deer:)

5. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Congrats, Now I'm waiting for the supper invite!

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Nice. Never killed one with a bow. Congrats!

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Congrats on the archery kill turkey. I have taken a couple over the years and one kill stands out above the other. Like you I had a entire flock of 20 to 30 come running thru the woods towards my stand just as I pulled the bow up and loaded a arrow. I took aim at a big old hen at about 30 yards, shot over her and killed another. When I got home and got it cleaned the wife wanted to know where I killed the chicken...yep it was that small

8. Drahts

Drahts 6 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
  9. DePre

DePre Spike

Sep 8, 2016
  10. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky