This Really Gave Me A Rash....!!!

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by RutNBuck, Nov 5, 2003.

1. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    i was reading a local paper today and came upon a story about a bull that had gotten out and caused an accident....
    some lady had the nerve to write in and say that
    "this bull may have broken through a fence surrounding its pasture,Or <b>it may have been one of the many inadvertently set free by hunters each season......</b>
    now most of you hunt how many of you have let the bull out of the pasture...she applies this is a common occurance
    how would you feel if you saw this??? this lady is ASSUMING we as hunters screw everything up no wonder we get a bad rap BUT i already have a letter to the editor

and i was wondering if i need some backup if she dont change her statement would you be willing to send a letter to the editor as well?

i'll keep you updated to her replies...
    [:(!][:(!][:(!]

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may be hunting a place to live"

2. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    RnB, the only Bull I have ever heard turn loose is always back in camp after the hunt. a plenty of it happens then!
    Good luck on the letter, be firm, state the facts and keep emotion out of it. This lady has for sure turned loose some "Bull'!

3. Ky Headhunter

Ky Headhunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Peach Grove, Ky, USA.
    Sounds to me like she has an agenda.. folks with an agenda will voice this kind of tripe anytime they have a forum.

4. Martin175

Martin175 Fawn

Nov 4, 2003
    Stanton, KY, USA.
    Activism comes in many forms. Unfortunately for the men and women of the outdoors, some folks do leave gates open and cause problems. Then again, how many city folks have you ever witnessed trying to put a wayward calf back within the boundaries of the fence? I am not sure if I could tell you all the times I have done it. I’m sure you know as well as I do that a fence is merely a suggestion to a bull of much stature. Obviously she just doesn’t understand that. Who knows, maybe the farmer feeds his cattle at the fence. Such practices tend to encourage cattle to defeat even the best containment systems. Regardless of contributing factors to this particular case, there was no reason to attack the hunters who are likely innocent to begin with. Activism, pure and simple.

Martin.

Skin that'un pilgrim and I'll get ye another'n.

5. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    well my question back to her was how does she know it wasnt loggers,
    4 wheelers,horseback riders,or an act of nature tree on fence etc...
    but to point her finger directly at hunters is insane

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may be hunting a place to live"

6. Ky Headhunter

Ky Headhunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Peach Grove, Ky, USA.
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">well my question back to her was how does she know it wasnt loggers,
    4 wheelers,horseback riders,or an act of nature tree on fence etc...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

She DOESN'T know! That's why I don't believe her mentioning hunters was casual. Taking a cheap shot at hunters may have been her real motivation for writing at all.

I'm not being paranoid, they really are out to get us[:0][:p]

7. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Nancy, KY.
    At least she wasn't saying it was intentional.

8. Rob

Rob Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Murray, KY, USA.
    Reminds me of the PETA folks, when asked about the likely increase in the number of deer vs. auto accidents in an area if hunting was banned, saying there would actually be fewer of these accidents since most were caused from deer who were running from hunters!

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back...

9. VinVega

VinVega 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2003
    Flatwoods, KY, USA.
    My friend's mom's aunt's dog's brother is in PETA. He actually has questioned several deer who were killed by cars. They all said they were being chased by "gun weilding maniacs with orange vests and caps." So, that's how PETA knows the deer were killed because they were being chased.

But my guess is, that the deer are trying to get some action, and while in search of said action, crossed a road and didn't care that a car was coming at them.

10. CVN71 Ordnance

CVN71 Ordnance 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2003
    Strunk, Kentucky, USA.
    I have never chased a deer, Deer are much too fast. Have you ever seen some hunter chasing deer? A dog maybe, a hunter, no way [:D]

GO NAVY!!!

11. VinVega

VinVega 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2003
    Flatwoods, KY, USA.
    Either way, I'm just as afraid of a car barreling at me as a gun pointed at me. Both will kill you. Deer are extremely dumb. Soon as they see a person (who is likely about their size), they run away, fast. Into the road they go. A car is coming. And they must think the car is not as tough as them, as they always seem to go straight for the car anyways. I think Geico has the deer working for them. Around here, where there are cliffs along a lot of road, it seems like you'll just be driving, nothing there, and BOOM! a freakin' deer jumps off the cliff, onto your car. Not in front of it, on the car! Never see them IN the road, never BESIDE the road, just right on top of your car!

12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    VinVega,
    I like the way you think.

Take a breath, Let it half out, slowly squeeze the trigger. Oh!! what a feeling!!!!!!!!!