Trail Cam pics - all came off of scrapes

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by S.Pace, Nov 2, 2004.

1. S.Pace

S.Pace 6 pointer

Oct 1, 2004
    I'm going to bowhunt here in KY all of next week and then gun hunt in Indiana this year. I got these pics off of my trail cams yesterday. I hunted a scrape line Saturday - Tuesday and only saw some small bucks. It was way too warm...... Hopefully things will cool down as we go into the weekend and next week. I had 9 different bucks off of two scrapes.

I guess you can figure out that he's the one I'm after..... 140-150"?????
    [​IMG]

Tempting......
    [​IMG]

Both need time to grow.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lab

lab I'm not a people person.

Looks like a couple of shooters and two more that will be some prospects in another couple of years.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  3. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    Nice pics. several good looking deer. I would guess the first deer at 130"

4. pattyquack

pattyquack 6 pointer

Oct 26, 2004
    Henderson Kentucky
    Lots of potential there:D

5. wowsafari

wowsafari 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2003
    .McKinney,KY
  6. SixPack07

SixPack07 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2004
    Eau Claire, WI, USA.
    Great pics!!! I just made a mock scrape today and set up my camera by it, so I'm hoping for some good pics as well. Good luck with the hunting!!!

7. S.Pace

S.Pace 6 pointer

Oct 1, 2004
    Thanks Sixpack. Hey, do you ever have any luck with mock scrapes??? I made one earlier in the year with no luck. The farm I'm hunting is usually loaded w/deer, but with no acorns this year, I've not seen as many. Obviously the bucks are there. It's been pretty warm too which hasn't helped. Out of 200 acres, I have found ALL of the scrapes and buck activity/sign on a section of 10 acres if you can believe that. That's where my pics are coming from. I made a mock scrape in an area that I saw a ton of does and several bucks last year (saw 30 deer opening morning of gun last year) and they never touched it. I haven't found any scrapes or rubs or anything in that area so far. There are does there however and the bucks will be close behind in a few days.

8. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Great pics. I put some James Valley in a scrape a few days ago but have'nt been back to check it since.

9. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Top buck is identical to one i have on the wall, a 1989 bowkill. Good luck on baggin the ole boy!

10. HUNTTHERUT72

HUNTTHERUT72 6 pointer

Aug 27, 2004
    .Logan co. Ky
    Good pictures! I am going to put my trail cam in scrapes tomorrow. I hope
    I have your luck and get some good bucks on film.

11. HornHunter

HornHunter 6 pointer

Aug 12, 2004
    Robbinsville, NC.
    Only one thing bad about the pics, There all at night! Hopefully the first big boy will show up at daylight or dusk for you.

12. S.Pace

S.Pace 6 pointer

Oct 1, 2004