Tru glo vent rib sights?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Munson, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Munson

Munson 8 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Looking for any reviews. Will they hold up to 3.5" loads? I need to adjust my POI 6-8" right. Is this possible? Thanks

2. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    Get the tru glo pro series magnum gobble dot if you go this route. The pro series has screws so they are tight to your gun. This will definitely fix your POI.

Munson likes this.
  3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Correct regarding POI. Adjustable windage and elevation with this one. Can't speak to how it will hold up.

4. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    They hold up very very well. Iv never had an issue with mine coming loose or anything like that. I do run and gun every time I’m out so I have tore my front fiber optic out. The sights come with 3 replacement fibers so it’s an easy fix.

5. Munson

Munson 8 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Ended up going with the "fire sight" made by Williams, a Michigan company. After fussing with the tiny screws they seem to be solid mounted. I have my doubts knowing my runnin, gunnin, crawlin, style huntin that these big gawdy things will last a week lol. They're fully adjustable rear sight should get the pattern where it needs to be tho. If it would only quit raining for minute to fire a few rounds would be grrreat:rolleyes:

6. hunt

hunt 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    You could always get a gunsmith to adjust your point of impact. It's really nothing more than a controlled bend, and I've had it done on everything from a Mossberg to a Benelli, it's the ticket if you want to just shoot a bead.

7. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Truglo or Williams just be careful making adjustments. The screws will strip or break easy.........I know !!