Truth to this?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by P. Beyer, Oct 13, 2003.

1. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    A local delivery guy today told me about one of his other stops. This fella' lives in Marshall Co, where there is an Elk Farm. The gu at the other stop told him that twice recently Elk had gotten out, and one killed by Co/ or Law enforcement. Anybody else heard bout this? A little scarry thinking bout cervid farming, CWD, and animals escaping???? Just wondering had anyone else caught wind of this.[?]

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

2. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I know nothing about this, but I can tell you Gassett told us about a divorce case in which the wife opened the gates and released a group of elk. I think it was Lewis county or that area.
    New law sezs shootem if they are not within the elk or buffer zone area!

3. Larry Carter

Larry Carter 8 pointer

Mar 2, 2003
    Crab Orchard, Ky, USA.
    Deer farming =escapes. Anyone remember the "Lion Country Safari" at Kings Island?

4. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

Yeah I remember riding through it when I was a kid. Did they have some escape?

Who was that masked man?

5. Larry Carter

Larry Carter 8 pointer

Mar 2, 2003
    Crab Orchard, Ky, USA.
    Yep. Lions weren't popular wandering through the neighborhood. Anyway the lions got sold and that area converted to attractions less likely to wander off.

6. joekat46

joekat46 8 pointer

Jun 19, 2003
    North Port, Fl.
    YES - There is an elk farm in Marshall County. I didn't hear about any escapees but the local weekly paper only (usually) prints good news with a democratic (spit) slant. I stopped taking it for that reason. I'll keep my ears open and post anything I hear. Between these elk and the captive herd in LBL it is a CWD accident waiting to happen.[:(]