Whats next....Videos don't lie

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    nit·pick·ing
    ˈnitˌpikiNG/
    informal
    adjective
    adjective: nit-picking
    1. 1.
      looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, especially in order to criticize unnecessarily.
      "a nitpicking legalistic exercise"
    noun
    noun: nit-picking
    1. 1.
      fussy fault-finding.
      "nitpicking over tiny details"

3. Powerstro284

Powerstro284 6 pointer

Jun 12, 2014
    Rough river
    No matter what trump says dems cry!

danf26 likes this.
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

That's not nitpicking that unexcusable. Whats is going to take for some to come to the conclusion they elected the dumbest POTUS ever.

5. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    However, according to Air Force Instruction 34-1201, 8.1.6.2, Protocol, if the U.S. flag flies for 24 hours and is not being raised or lowered, when reveille and retreat are played, individuals are not required to stop and salute. According to Article II, Section 2, Individuals are also not required to stop, face the flag, and salute if the Commander in Chief is in clear view.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  6. w/chunter

w/chunter 6 pointer

Sep 7, 2008
    Cumberland Gap, TN
    The Dems had 8 years of Obummer and couldn't see the reality of his craziness.

danf26 likes this.
  7. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    When he out does Odumbass

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I have never been on a military base where the flag flew 24 hours. You must have never been in the military. Last time I was at Redstone to pick up the grandson and retreat sounded as we were leaving, everything came to a standstill when it did including me and I was driving down a road on post.
    https://www.army.mil/article/108998/Retreat_and_Reveille__Pay_your_respects_to_the_flag/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

He is way past that IMO.

10. Powerstro284

Powerstro284 6 pointer

Jun 12, 2014
    Rough river
    How so?

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  11. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I wish that were true everywhere, but it ain't.

Standard protocol on most bases these days is
    A) if you hear reveille, stay inside
    B) if caught outside, run back inside or run for your car
    C) if in civilian clothes, ignore the whole thing and go on with your life
    D) if junior ranks, just ignore and act like you don't have a clue

I see it nearly every day, and Ft Bragg is a pretty big and pretty important base.

Would I like to see the POTUS do it right - Yes. But then I would also like to see base commanders, ad everyone else all the way down do it right also - and unlike the POTUS, they know better.

bondhu and barney like this.
  12. bondhu

bondhu 8 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Duster you may be on to something. Call your people and have them redirect Mueller onto this. At least you would have a video to start.:D The sky is falling , snowflakes. O by the way just checked 401K, Trump 2020 twen twen *@*^

KYote-Krusher and barney like this.
  13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I would place the blame for something like this square on the shoulders of the base commander. If the MP's started busting people for doing what you say things would change. The flag during retreat should get the same respect as when the National Anthem is played. That's military rules. For Trump to not show respect like he just did but go after some NFL players for taking a knee is one of the dumbest things he has done so far. He is the commander in chief right ? Trump not knowing what retreat was, think again. I understand he went to a military school at one time and should know. Things like that ingrain in your brain and you Never forget. Heck I got out of the USAF in 1969 and can recite my serial number today, and it was not my SS number as they use now. You just don't forget.

14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Just in case you didn't watch the video or read the article here is just a little to chew on. Notice where the one Soldier hid in her car and what happened.

As “Retreat” is played, the Army website explains, “Once the bugle sounds, all personnel driving on the installation should stop. Service members and government civilian personnel are encouraged to turn off their vehicles, and, if safe to do so, exit to render the appropriate honors.”

Trump is by virtue of his position, the highest-ranking official in the U.S. military and is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces.

In 2014, a soldier hid in her car to avoid saluting the flag during the ceremony, and after posting a photo of her actions on social media, was disciplined by the military.

The late comedian Robin Williams, while performing for soldiers in Kuwait, stopped in the middle of his comedy routine to stand at attention and honor the flag during the “Retreat” ceremony.

Trump’s actions showed once again, that when it comes to truly honoring the flag and doing his duty as commander in chief, it’s all a big joke.

15. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Honest question. Did you stand when you watched the video?