When to tell the CO

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by BUCKFEVER99, Apr 12, 2011.

1. BUCKFEVER99

BUCKFEVER99 8 pointer

Sep 8, 2008
    Morton Holler
    walkin my prop. boundry and seen a blind(recently put up) and 20 yards from it a pile of corn and game camera. This is set up 30 yards from my fence. I talked to the person renting the house there and he said the owner of the property was plannin on turkey huntin this year. Here's the question...Do I contact CO now or wait till after the guy is already there huntin? Not sure if I told CO now if he could do anything about it.

2. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Personally I would just mind my own business. I'm sure others will object to this. Just my opinion.

3. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Oh, he can do something about it alright.

4. kybowhunter90

kybowhunter90 6 pointer

Apr 6, 2009
    EKU

A guy is breaking the law. Who cares just let him be. Funniest post ever.

5. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Make the call. You could save yourself some grief as well.

6. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Call him now with the address and location of the blind. He'll sneak out there and scout it out and then put a sting on the poacher. It doesn't make sense to wait for him to kill a turkey over his cornpile before calling the CO to lower the boom.

While you're at it, ask the CO how far away you need to stay from the bait pile so you don't get wrapped up in any ongoing corn pile investigations.

7. CSS archer

CSS archer BBBC Members

Dec 13, 2001
    Central KY
    Definitely now, if you wait, he will be busy staking other baitsites to get to this one...

8. kybowhunter88

kybowhunter88 6 pointer

Feb 1, 2008
    Does it not make you mad to follow the rules and your chances of harvesting an animal go way down because the neighbor is cheating? It has to hurt your hunting if he's feeding corn and you are not.

9. DUCKILLA

DUCKILLA Fawn

Oct 16, 2010
    WKY
    call him now!!, why would you give this guy the chance of killing a turkey over bait and getting away with it.

10. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Contact the CO now...let them decide on how to handle the matter!

11. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Yes mind your own business and call the CO now. it's only going to mess with your season.

12. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    And I have been waiting for the responses to come rolling in.

Ok, if you decide to call the CO, where do you draw the line? Are you gonna call the police every time you see someone speeding? Are you call the police if you see someone run a light or stop sign? What???? Oh...I get it....that's different. Riiiiiiiiiigghhhtttt.

As for guy messing up your hunting, you can hunt another spot a few hundred yards away. What?? But it's your property? Well, then, if that's how feel about it, just hunt right next to the boundary line too. If it bothers you that much, put a tape player right next to it and scare them your way.

I just don't see how everyone runs to a law enforcement officer every chance they get to solve the little problems in their everyday lives....like they can't do it themselves.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  13. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    maybe he only has 5 acres to hunt on,,,then what?

14. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Make the call he`s not hunting just waiting for something to walk up so he can shoot it no sport at all when it comes to turkeys they cant smell a setup. Who cares what other people say you were probably taught to know whats rite and whats wrong go with your gut feeling im sure that if you dont and somehow he gets busted you could get into trouble also while hunting on your farm and you havent done anything and then what will that cost.If you let it slide it will happen every year and just make your time in the woods misserable.

15. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I reckon hunt right there and hope they pass by you....but how many people hunt on just 5 acres? Alot of stuff goes on beyond the fences where I hunt too but that's someone elses property and none of my business. Do I like it? Of course not. But I make do as best I can. What goes on over there is the landowner's business. If he gets caught by the CO, likewise that's his business. But I'm not gonna be the rat.

I don't know about you guys, but around here, being a rat brings very bad fortune upon you.....one guy's brand new house got burned down 2-3 days before he was supposed to move in....TWICE. Another one had a barn burned down. Another one had a bunch of trees girdled and killed...lost $$$ on timber. Plus, those people pretty much get isolated by the community and/or run off. Around here people always know to mind your own business.

And I repeat my second comment: Where does it stop? Do you rat on speeders? Any other traffic offenses? If you friend was having an affair, would you rat him out to his wife?