White redtail

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Kybirdman, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Took this picture a while back. Took the picture off of my camera. 20161116_165008.jpg

Nock, xbokilla and elkaholic like this.
  2. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    AWSOME PICTURE. Pretty Bird.

3. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Thats a cool catch there.

4. I took the picture when she was migrating in November. I was fortunate to see her again the following March when she was going back home.

5. Regulator623

Regulator623 10 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I saw one of those a few years back in Pike County...didn't know what it was then, I do now...thanks!

6. It is not a true albino. It is leucistic.

7. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

What county did you see this bird in?

8. Bracken in Nov. 2016. Seen her in the same trees the following March. Have you seen her?

9. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

No, there is one in Nelson County that we have seen and I thought it could have been the same one. People here say they have been seeing this particular one for over 10 years. It has a regular colored mate.

10. I had checked with kdfw. There have been others reported that were white with some brown mixed in. I also found reports of a solid white female like this one seen in Michigan. Did not see her this past fall or spring.. She is flat out beautiful. Watched her for several days and she would almost disappear when she soared above the trees. Was camera shy though. And I'm not much of a photographer. Wife wants me to blow up one of the pictures and hang it in the family room. Question to you camera buffs. Can a picture off of a digital camera be blown up without distorting it?

11. gicts

gicts 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2004
    Louisville
    Every digital camera picture will eventually distort - just depends on the file quality and size you want to make it.

12. Bee

Bee 8 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    WHAT CAMERA PHONE MODEL TOOK THE PICTURE?...AMAZING QUALITY AT A DISTANCE FOR ANY CAMERA PHONE IMO