why?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bgkyarcher, May 21, 2016.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Why do you hunt?

2. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Thrill.... food.... keeps me out of trouble....

3. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Lol get away from the wife a few hours lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    It's my life!!!! I work so I can afford to hunt, I eat, sleep, breathe, dream huntin 24/7/365 except leap year then it's 24/7/366. It is as much a part of me as eating, breathing, and sleeping.
    Edit to add, if It's not huntin season I'm gettin ready for the next huntin season, wether that's shootin my bow, practicing with my duck or turkey calls(which I need all the practice I can help with those) trimming out shooting lanes, running trail cams, puttin out mineral, building blinds, hanging stands. Huntin season never goes out there's just times of the year you can't shoot things.
    Plus the rewards of putting your own meat in the fridge, spending time and making lifelong memories with friends and family, and meeting and making new friends that become family throughout the years.
    For me there's way more than I can really even start to type to even begin to answer the question of why do I hunt.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Nothing like being in the woods and the world waking up around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. racsr

racsr 10 pointer

May 7, 2009
    morgan county ky
    very well said!

7. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I hunt because I enjoy plus I like eating what I get. I don't hunt anything I don't eat.
    I like to Deer and Turkey hunt. It is a thrill plus the eating is good.
    I WATERFOWL HUNT BECAUSE I LOVE IT. It is me against the Birds. Decoy placements Calling and watching my Dog work and loving it as much as I do, and good eating to.

8. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

I can't really call myself a deer hunter anymore. I harvest a couple every year, but can easily count on one hand the number of days I sit in the stand. It's something to get out of the way so I can start quail hunting. That being said I can sum it up in one word, Dogs. As long as the dogs are finding birds to work, I'm happy.

9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I hunt because that's what I love. My father's family were all hunters, for generations, so it is ingrained into my DNA. If I'm not hunting, I'm thinking about hunting... I love everything about hunting, but I particularly love deer and elk hunting. Scouting, setting cameras, mineral sites, clearing shooting lanes, hanging stands, looking at maps of new areas..... Being in the outdoors makes me happy. Sitting in a tree is my release. Watching game never gets old. When a kill happens, that's just gravy. As I have gotten older, I reminisce more and more about the days when dad deer hunted. My favorite hunting period was when I was in college. Dad, my uncle, and a couple other friends hunted 4-5 days a week. I'm trying to get him to go again, but he's killed so many deer, he has no desire to deer hunt. He just tells me to shoot a doe and we'll split the processing fee. Maybe this year he will go in gun season. I've killed my share of deer, but I don't think I'll ever lose my desire to deer hunt as dad has. In short, hunting is who I am.

10. SlowBow

SlowBow Spike

Nov 5, 2015
    Henderson Co., KY
    All of the above...and this, too. I hunt a few different types of game but, bowhuntin' is my most favorite game to play on the planet...by far. For lack of a better term, it's a drug that can't be bought on the corner. Really, how many other things do we participate in that makes your heart race so fast and your body, literally, tremble to the point where your arrow is shivering on its rest and your praying that the deer won't hear it...from 40yds away...and you haven't even drawn, yet? And if one happens to sneak up on ya'...doe, yearling, or whatever...my heart goes from 0 to 500 in one single second. That's just one of the many reasons "why..."

11. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    Because I make it look so easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Because I don't like people that much.

13. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Hunting is spiritual for me!! I am not the most religious man I must admit but I can sit in a treestand or blind and know God exists. From the world waking up to the creek running to the animals I see. Knowing where my meat comes from and having the possibility of that harvest is just a huge bonus!!! Much to be thankful for from field to table that goes beyond even the harvest!!!!

14. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not one person so far as put the "killing" as the most important part of "Why do you hunt?".

Non-hunters won't ever understand that the killing part is such a small part of hunting.

Sure we have to kill the animal if we want to take it home to our family, but that is not why we hunt for the most part. It is all the pieces of the larger picture.

15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!