Winchester rifle

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by model70, Jun 13, 2017.

1. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    The new model 70's are very good. Like any factory rifle, you spends your money and takes your chances, where accuracy is concerned..but generally, they are very good. The finish on the newer ones is superb for a gun in it's price range.

2. model70

model70 6 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    Western Ky
    Well finally bought a new model 70 extreme weather. Topped it with a Nikon monarch 3 2.5 to 10 by 42 mm scope. Sighting the scope in, my shots were within a quarter inch of each other. Then my groups started enlarging to about an inch and half.
    After talking to the guy that does my gunsmithing. He said to clean the barrel with a good copper removing solvent. That did the trick. After one fouler shot, the next four shots almost touched each other. Three did touch, the one was close enough may as well have touched. I am impressed with them still.

3. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Congrats on the new rifle... you will enjoy it.

Can’t hardly pick my model 70 up and it not bring a smile. I’m very fond of that gun and got some really good memories already made.

4. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    That gun is beautiful. Would love to have that gun in a .06!!! The only rifle left that I want/need. That set up right there would look pretty good in the safe!

5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    They're still 7# guns (before scope). That's about the same as any other manufacturer's walnut-stocked gun.