Yeti drops NRA.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by kyhunter35, Apr 23, 2018.

1. kyhunter35

kyhunter35 Spike

Dec 10, 2007
    I hope all the hunting & fishing industry drops Yeti! Sportsman made them what they are today. I hope they can make it off the gun hating, vegetarian, liberals; most of em don't need nothing but a baggie to keep their "herbs" in.
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation

elkaholic likes this.
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Out of my price range anyhow. There are cheaper options that get the job done.

3. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    Yeah, like a side by side stainless steel refridgerator. Who in the hell spends that much anyway on a dang cooler?

4. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    imo its a image,not for me especialy now

5. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    never brought from them never will! way over priced and they now just sealed the deal with me!

davers likes this.
  6. davers

davers 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I never bought any of their "Made-In-China" items, and never will!!

7. claynut69

claynut69 6 pointer

Nov 14, 2007
    pulaski, co
    They did not drop NRA. They just changed their pricing to the organizations they deal with.

8. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    This is what came back from YETI after I emailed them. For the record I cant afford to buy YETI.

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

9. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
  10. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Don't think so. What they are saying now appears to be damage control after all the fallout. According to the NRA, they wouldn't even give them a reason why they wouldn't do business with them.
    Yeti was also asked what other organizations received this change. They have yet to answer that either.

elkaholic, cedar ridge and kyhunter35 like this.
  11. tdc_duckfever

tdc_duckfever 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2010
    Cornishville, Ky
    Nobody cares. Hunt be merry and do your thing(s).

I own 0 Yeti and no NRA stickers...

Capttrae and B.M. Barrelcooker like this.
  12. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    Exactly
    To heck with both of them.

Stickers don’t influence my decision making.
    Both of these outfits seem to prey on those that like stickers.

13. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    I like to hunt, be merry and do my thing. I don’t think I’d be merry at all if any of my guns (hunting or defensive) ended up on someone’s no-no roster. Do I think someone’s going to knock on my door and ask for my guns? No. Do I think they can make owning a firearm difficult as hell? Yes

I don’t agree with everything NRA, GOA or Second Amendment Foundation does, but I also can’t fly to D.C. everytime some anti-gun asshole gets a wild hair. So, I’ll continue to throw them some money the same as I do for hunting, trapping and conversation groups.

I don’t think I’ve ever been a member of a group that I agreed with everything they said. Hell it don’t take much for me to get pissed at a family reunion:)

14. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I guess I have trouble believing that I get my rights from the government . So this preempts the need for anyone to fight for my rights.

This may get me on a list somewhere but for now I’ll live as a free man.

tdc_duckfever likes this.
  15. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    I think we all wish it were that simple. All the gun control laws that have been enacted since the beginning tell me it isn’t that simple or cut and dry.