younger son Jackson, something different, Florida trip

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by 1wildcatfan, Nov 26, 2017.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    last spring break, while older brother was playing baseball in Fl, Jackson had some fun.
    axiss11.jpg

axis12.jpg

axis13.jpg

elkaholic and pentail like this.
  2. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    Very cool! Did he say it was a sporting hunt?

I ask because there are several big FL ranches that have large axis herds, but they seem to run from true sport to antlered cattle at a trough.

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    i would call it true sport. 2000 acres of thick palmetto with some open pastures. this herd was on the Brady ranch, no longer in existence, and was moved to the Seminole Indian Reservation. took us three days to catch up with a nice one. there are two really big ones on the ranch that they have pics of but can't lay eyes on them. they had several other exotics running around also plus a lot of hogs. Shot a gator with this outfit and went bowfishing in Okeechobee for Tilapia. the bowfishing was a too much fun. will go back for that in 2019. they hooked us up with a bass fishing guide and we caught a lot of bass on shiners.

4. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I have heard good things about the reservation. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost for that and what was included. Sounds like something to add to the future list.

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Seminole Prairie Safaris is the name of the outfit we stayed and hunted with. nice lodge with cabins where we stayed, I believe it was $150/night room and meals. everything was on a trophy fee basis.