Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Left the woods and hit the water only got 3 though
FB_IMG_1651111175846.jpg

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
Thanks. Was planning on going back tomorrow but Dr appointments have me stuck not being able to go. Really wish I could though because my buddy said he was gonna be doing some hard turkey hunting and his wife is in bad health so he gave me 4 or 5 of his good spots
Congrats, keep them posts coming. Gives me hope on finding some lol

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
How long you been hunting them? It took me a couple years to get good at sporting them. Now I gotta be in the move if I stand still and scan seems my eyes hurt and I can't spot em as good
I used to just find them while out turkey scouting or hunting. But I've actually started really looking for them the last few years. I think I'm just looking in the wrong places. I've got a pretty good eye when it comes to spoting them and ginseng. But I know where to look for ginseng.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
I used to just find them while out turkey scouting or hunting. But I've actually started really looking for them the last few years. I think I'm just looking in the wrong places. I've got a pretty good eye when it comes to spoting them and ginseng. But I know where to look for ginseng.
I've always looked in places that stayed kinda damp but this year I'm finding most of mine in really dry areas. Spots that always produced I'm finding very few. Been looking in new spots this year and doing better than I have in past several years. Not sure if anything to it yet but I been starting in the bottom of hollers and paying attention to how the wind blows. Following the wind up the ridges, assuming it carries the spores. So far it seems to be paying off

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Need a little help with the turkey tail. I dunno how to cook it or anything about it. Been looking online but I still ain't figured out if ya soak it like morals or what

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
Gonna hit my uncles Sunday and hopefully the ones I left are bigger and I can get enough for a mess

Latest posts