30/30 shortage

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Managed to hook my friend up with some , and actually find it pretty regular now, but wind up paying about $30 a box. I advise anyone to buy it now, im betting it will be unicorns again by hunting season.
Our WalMart hasn’t had a hunting rifle ammo shipment in 5 weeks.

Ive been hearing folks online advise everyone to get their hunting ammo now due to some material/production hiccup’s.

Cast plenty of slugs this year. Plan on using 12ga and BP for most of my hunting. Thankfully 350 L is still plentiful as well.

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
Saw a few boxes of 30/30 CoreLokt at the pawnshop in Ashland Saturday. It’s on the one on the left on 23 going into Ashland. I’m thinking they were $28 or $29 a box.

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
Looks like Natchez SS has 170 grain CoreLokt on sale. They have Federal blue box as well but it’s not on sale.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
I was finding them pretty regular at Walmart but haven't seen any in a spell. They are keeping 270 and 308 pretty regular here. Actually saw some 20gauge 4 shot the other day and was gonna pick some up for a friend but he said he didn't wanna give $23 a box, I'd rather pay the $23 than to not have any at all, mainly because it was the only high brass shotgun shells I've seen in the past year or so

Latest posts