35 Remington

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
Very nice. I’d hunt with it but if you wanted, I’m sure you could make some profit on it. These are highly desirable firearms.
I’m currently 43. I’ve wanted one of these since I was 13. I hunted with my uncles 336 that fall while he was deployed with the Navy. Never killed anything with it. But fell in love with it. Only seen a handful of them since. Either couldn’t afford it, or was in such horrible shape I didn’t want it. I couldn’t let this one walk away. Never know with me though. I get the longing for something different every now and then. :eek:;)

Last edited:

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
I’m currently 43. I’ve wanted one of these since I was 13. I hunted with my uncles 336 that fall while he was deployed with the Navy. Never killed anything with it. But fell in love with it. Only seen a handful of them since. Either couldn’t afford it, or was in such horrible shape I didn’t want it. I couldn’t let this one walk away. Never know with me though. I get the longing for some strange every now and then. :eek:;)
Go kill something with it this Fall and post up some pics.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
When we had the “best hunting caliber” thread or whatever. I commented that no one had mentioned a 35. My old man has one that everyone used to borrow. Never gets it out anymore but it’s killed a many of a deer. I killed one with it in early 2000s. Nice gun.
You got a steal IMO.

Rob

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 9, 2001
Murray, KY, USA.
I know many folks love hunting fields but I most enjoy hunting in woods/thickets. My favorite rifle to hunt those with is an old Marlin 336 in 30/30 with a 2-7X Wideview scope. My nephew has an almost identical setup except his is chambered in .35 Rem. You could hardly go wrong with either.

Funny how times change. About 25 years ago, I went to the KDFWR confiscated items sale. There were probably 40 lever guns for sale, all Marlin 336s or Win 94s. Most were in decent shape & brought about $120. I think one in like new shape w/ a good scope brought $140. An old beater 94 sold for $85. A few in only fair shape went for $100. Every one of those guns would sell for at least $500 & the really nice ones would be knocking on $1,000!

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I know many folks love hunting fields but I most enjoy hunting in woods/thickets. My favorite rifle to hunt those with is an old Marlin 336 in 30/30 with a 2-7X Wideview scope. My nephew has an almost identical setup except his is chambered in .35 Rem. You could hardly go wrong with either.

Funny how times change. About 25 years ago, I went to the KDFWR confiscated items sale. There were probably 40 lever guns for sale, all Marlin 336s or Win 94s. Most were in decent shape & brought about $120. I think one in like new shape w/ a good scope brought $140. An old beater 94 sold for $85. A few in only fair shape went for $100. Every one of those guns would sell for at least $500 & the really nice ones would be knocking on $1,000!
Probably 4-5 years ago, I was in a gun shop and Marlin in a 30/30 had some fire damage and was still marked at like $225. My dad and brother tried to get me to offer $200. Dad is a master and could have made it shine like a new penny but I passed. Still regret it. I may get dad to dig his 35 out and I might hunt with it some. I agree they are great short range “brush” guns.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Thats a nice looking rifle, but it has dings, scratches, and some blueing gone. I would not call it “near mint”.
Neat rifle, and caliber though, probably is hard to find.
Its like this, if its what you want, get it !
I love Marlins . I got a 30/30, and .45/70 myself.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
Thats a nice looking rifle, but it has dings, scratches, and some blueing gone. I would not call it “near mint”.
Neat rifle, and caliber though, probably is hard to find.
Its like this, if its what you want, get it !
I love Marlins . I got a 30/30, and .45/70 myself.
Must be something you’re seeing in the photo glaring or reflecting. No blemishes in the bluing or the wood at all.