.350 Legend?

James Scott White

6 pointer
Oct 17, 2020
Rowan County
Recently moved to Michigan for a short time. I’m back in KY this week to hunt. Anyways- up there you are only allowed to use shotguns, muzzleloaders and now a straight-cartridged rifle (450 bushmaster, 350 Legend, etc). Needless to say, I saved up and bought a brand new 350 Legend. Brought it back to KY with me and I’m gonna use it here on opening day instead of my 30-06. Could be a mistake, but hey- yah live and yah learn.

Just wondering if any of you all have experience with the 350 Legend?
What are your thoughts/experiences?

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Recently moved to Michigan for a short time. I’m back in KY this week to hunt. Anyways- up there you are only allowed to use shotguns, muzzleloaders and now a straight-cartridged rifle (450 bushmaster, 350 Legend, etc). Needless to say, I saved up and bought a brand new 350 Legend. Brought it back to KY with me and I’m gonna use it here on opening day instead of my 30-06. Could be a mistake, but hey- yah live and yah learn.

Just wondering if any of you all have experience with the 350 Legend?
What are your thoughts/experiences?
Not the same range as the 06 by a few hundred yds
@Little FR shoots one.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
7F7AB23E-CAF1-490C-B2D0-5BD0BA75B554.jpeg
175 yards.

My buck is on page 3 of this thread. The bullet I extracted is on page 4.

Stick with the 180gr bullets. My mom and wife shoot them, one friend shot mine and bought 2.
I love everything about the cartridge.

bdbrown66

8 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Dead is dead, OP. If it will kill a deer in Michigan, it will kill them in KY. I don't have one, but I've heard good reports from those who do. Other than the fact that your effective range is about 200 yards or so, you're good to go.

James Scott White

6 pointer
Oct 17, 2020
Rowan County
View attachment 106614 175 yards.

My buck is on page 3 of this thread. The bullet I extracted is on page 4.

Stick with the 180gr bullets. My mom and wife shoot them, one friend shot mine and bought 2.
I love everything about the cartridge.
That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience. I couldn’t find any of the federal rounds you endorse so I bought a couple boxes of the 180 Winchesters xp- Not thrilled with their accuracy to be honest but I’m used to very straight shooting calibers like .243 and 25-06. I’ll get back up to Michigan next week and look for the federals. When I first shot it I chuckled at the lack of recoil lol. Feels and shoots really good. Most of my shots here in EKY are under 120yds so I think it will be a great little rifle. Thanks again.