6 pt

columbia whitetail

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2009
columbia
anthony 377.JPG Here is another deer that's on the farm. I know he is young, 2.5 at the most. In 3 years will he still be a 6pt? If so how big could he get? Bad genetics is a no no for creating big deer. So do I have him taken out or let him walk? Im really wanting to create a great farm with good genetics and mature bucks.

Attachments

• anthony 378.JPG
    anthony 378.JPG
    848.2 KB · Views: 499

Nock

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2012
Butler co
Don't see nothing wrong with his genetics. Why would you think he is going to still be a 6pt in A couple yrs?

kyarcher

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 12, 2001
Garrard County, Ky
In 3 years will he still be a 6pt? If so how big could he get? Bad genetics is a no no for creating big deer. So do I have him taken out or let him walk? Im really wanting to create a great farm with good genetics and mature bucks.

Most likely he will continue to add points every year until they reach 5-6 years old. Age add more points than genetics IMO. The old saying that "once a Spike is always a Spike" has been proven not to be true by researchers raising pen raised bucks.

Aug 28, 2012
TN
He is young. The long looking legs and young face tell me let him walk. You cant control local genetics like the hunting shows make you think you can. To create a quality hunting area concentrate your effort on creating cover and food for the deer.

columbia whitetail

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2009
columbia
The farm actually carries the three main things they need. Food with the plots we have put in plus soybeans on the farm that joins us. It's has a small pond surrounded by cedars that keeps water year round and then directly behind the pond it a nice cedar thicket that we have made off limits.

TNbuckchaser

6 pointer
Jun 2, 2013
Managing genetics in the wild doesn't exist. Kill him and all that will happen is one less deer. Let him walk. No sense in killing it if it doesn't meet your goals.

Bowhunter.35

8 pointer
Jul 2, 2012
Louisville
I would not take him out. This guy was a 6 for the first 3 years and last year he became a 7. Who knows what he is now, if he's alive. Here he is at 2.5 and 4.5

Attachments

• 488.jpg
    488.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 1564.JPG
    1564.JPG
    824.9 KB · Views: 392

Latest posts