Accidental overdose of friend

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
One of my very longest childhood friends passed away last night. 32 years old, father of three-year-old girl and 11 month old boy, got a mortgage on a brand new home, Just started a new job for a electrical contractor working inside Toyota. Talked with him almost every day Sharing what we were doing that day.

He had a past with drugs many years ago Had been doing good since his daughter. Never suspected anything in his behavior lately, I’ve got a pretty good nose when it comes to drug behavior.

This morning his wife woke up to find him laying flat dead on the living room floor.

I’m not looking for any responses like “sorry for the loss of your friend” or “prayers sent” Although you might say a silent prayer for his family and his little daughter.

I’m hopeful that 99% of all Kentucky hunting members never have or never will have to deal with drug addiction but I have a feeling that my buddy Got to bullshitting with some guys he was working with somebody probably said oh hey I’ve got a man that’s got the good stuff and him thinking he was sober and felt like doing it one more time and didn’t realize the potency or whatever the hell was in the batch of stuff he got and it killed him.

So long story short if anybody is reading this and has the urge to maybe experiment just alittle bit or think they could slide off track for a day or two you better think twice

Last edited:

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
Will do on sending prayers to kids, it's hard on them. Your friend may have damaged his health years ago if he had prior history to use. That being said I am part of that 1% that has had to deal with heavy addiction in others. Brother. My oldest son I've lost a relationship with. It's everywhere, all we can do is pray for them and hope it's not there time to go.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
So sorry to hear this. I think we’ve all been touched by similar situations. Prayers for family and friends.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Prayers for the family.

We lost a foster brother that my mother had kept for 18 years back in September of an accidental overdose. He was smoking pot and somehow got hold of some that was laced with phentonol. They say it's going around bad mixed in both marijuana and different types of pills. Like you said anyone wanting to experiment or just try something had better think twice

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
I hate to hear this. Prayers said for his family & friends.

As others have said, it's hard to think of anyone who hasn't been impacted by drugs in one way or another. Two of "our soccer kids" have died of overdoses. Another is in something like her 3rd or 4th round of "rehab." A kid who played on my son's team went to jail for dealing. And so many of their school friends have died.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I've reached the age where friends are more likely to die of cancer than drug abuse.... There have still been a few though. And I have a cousin who hasn't been "clean" in over 30 years & never will be - although some miracle has kept him alive thus far.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
People never think of what happens when I'm gone, now kids won't ever be able to tell there dad they love him and how much he means to them!
Live change at the blink of a eye, hope your words save at least one person weither it's drug related or not, now a long life time of voids starts, it the cycle of life with enough pain to go around to last many life times.
I real sorry to hear this I have no doubt he will be missed for many yrs.
Prayers for his family and you.