Ammo shortage continues.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
The article is from March. With the exception of the 30-30 mentioned, all of the other calibers are plentiful where I've been. Even 30-30 showing up more frequently. The Remington plant in Lonoke, Ar was shuttered for a year plus. Ghost town when I drove by it. They finally got production ramped back up. Everyone has turned into hoarders also.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
If you plan to hunt better get ammo now for a few seasons. I think people will be cutting the tips off fmj’s again before long.

I heard we are not processing lead in US anymore.

I hope desperately that they don’t ban lead ammunition for upland and big game. My deer rifles hate that garbage.

Carl

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2003
Western Kentucky
The article is from March. With the exception of the 30-30 mentioned, all of the other calibers are plentiful where I've been. Even 30-30 showing up more frequently. The Remington plant in Lonoke, Ar was shuttered for a year plus. Ghost town when I drove by it. They finally got production ramped back up. Everyone has turned into hoarders also.
About the only place, I have to shop now is our local Walmart and they have next to nothing.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I was at Owensboro Wal mart earlier this week and it was stocked full. Most I’d seen at any Walmart in a couple years. It was the one on hwy54. Swing by there it’s a close drive for you.
Was in the Murray Walmart Friday morning, dude had cases of different ammo he was stocking shelves with. Had 30-30 and 7 mag, said he hasn't received much of that until recently.
Elizabethtown Walmart shelves loaded with .308, not much else.

Latest posts