Annual acorn Exodus

keeruss8

8 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
I checked cams yesterday. One buck showed back up that made a couple appearances early in summer, but the field pics dropped and the ridge pics went way up. They're definitely in the acorns or off looking for them as they're pretty thin here this year

JGD

6 pointer
Feb 3, 2008
Nelson County
Based on what I’ve seen squirrel hunting, the oaks are very spotty in my area. Several squirrels have been seen cutting Chestnut Oaks which would suggest whites and reds are scarce along with a lot of other of they’re preferred mast. Could set up well for the deer to rely much more on agriculture fields. We’ll see.

John

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Man they are loaded here. Was fixing electric fence this morning and with this wind it was RAINING acorns. Took a little walk and it was more like a roller skating session. My pics are way down at the feeders (expected) but the cams on the oak flats are clicking!

Redlined

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2005
In The Tree Next To Ya
All of our chestnuts began falling last week, deer are patrolling them 24/7. Does and fawns during the day, the bucks at night. From all my recent cam checks the bachelor groups have dissolved and most are traveling alone.

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.

Chineze chestnuts are Thick .....nothing seems to be eating them maybe cows.
Be careful around them chestnut burrs .Dad use to have two chinese chestnuts in his back yard ,he was cutting grass and hit a burr,throwed it into the tree trunk and it busted .A piece of sticker hit him in the eye ,when he made it to the eye dr. it liked just a fraction ,going through the eyeball ,and causing blindness.

Latest posts