Anyone own a Kimber Ascent?

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
I don't think I've ever even seen a Kimber rifle. I don't know anyone who has one.

But I have a Kimber pistol and based on my satisfaction with it, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the extra coin for a Kimber rifle.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
On top of a hill in Ky
I don't think I've ever even seen a Kimber rifle. I don't know anyone who has one.

But I have a Kimber pistol and based on my satisfaction with it, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the extra coin for a Kimber rifle.
It’s basically a Winchester model 70 with different features. I’ve got a buddy that has model 8400 that’s nothing short of gorgeous chambered in 7mm WSM. It will stack clover leafs all day long.

As to the OP’s original question. I’m not sure the price on the ascent. But if a really light rifle is your goal. Check out the Tikka T3 Ultralight too. They usually keep them in stock at BassPro or Cabela’s for around $1,000. I love mine.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
It’s basically a Winchester model 70 with different features. I’ve got a buddy that has model 8400 that’s nothing short of gorgeous chambered in 7mm WSM. It will stack clover leafs all day long.

As to the OP’s original question. I’m not sure the price on the ascent. But if a really light rifle is your goal. Check out the Tikka T3 Ultralight too. They usually keep them in stock at BassPro or Cabela’s for around $1,000. I love mine.
More than I wanna spend but got a buddy who has a Tikka UL and loves it.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.

That is my goal and I'm currently carrying a Lightweight Winchester model 70 but there's nothing lightweight about it.
I've looked at the Tikka's too but I was curious about the Kimber.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
I looked at tge tiki and liked nothing about it, magazine didn't look like it would allow loading very long.
The light weight stuff is OK for hunting but I will never buy another pencil profile barrel rifle, I will go heavy fluted barrel from now on.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
On top of a hill in Ky
That is my goal and I'm currently carrying a Lightweight Winchester model 70 but there's nothing lightweight about it.
I've looked at the Tikka's too but I was curious about the Kimber.
Another lightweight option. Savage has an ultralight with a Proof Research carbon fiber barrel. My buddy recently bought one. I mounted a Leupold Vx3 HD 4.5-14x50 Twilight scope with Leupold backcountry rings on it for him. Talk about an extremely light set up! It was around 6.5lbs on kitchen scales scope and all!

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Not my review but the fellow is honest about his experience.

I’m not a fan of Kimber pistols, great when they are great but at the end of the day they are an overpriced, mass produced product. For what they charge, I’ll put the mass produced Rugers against them anyday or spend a little more and get real custom.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
Not my review but the fellow is honest about his experience.

I’m not a fan of Kimber pistols, great when they are great but at the end of the day they are an overpriced, mass produced product. For what they charge, I’ll put the mass produced Rugers against them anyday or spend a little more and get real custom.
Thanks. I don't own anything that expensive so I was wondering what made it worth the money. I've always thought a Tikka would be just as good but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I just want something light to climb with but not looking for something to kick the hell out of me.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
I looked at tge tiki and liked nothing about it, magazine didn't look like it would allow loading very long.
The light weight stuff is OK for hunting but I will never buy another pencil profile barrel rifle, I will go heavy fluted barrel from now on.
Well I need you to walk with me straight up a mountain, having to grab trees to pull up, about 500 yards and you may change your mind. It's a pain in the ass with a day backpack and sometimes a treestand.

Latest posts