Anyone thinking about going to Compton in june?

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Did any of ya’ll do Cloverdale last year? Compared to years past it was “the incredible shrinking bow shoot”. I’m not wasting my time there any year soon.
A few of us went. It was my first time. Not being critical but it wasn’t as big of a production as I thought it would be.

It was also my first trip to the Tennessee Classic and the opposite was true. It was better than I expected. Looking forward to it again in a few days

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Cloverdale does always set a neat course, life like hunting scenarios, with lots of added targets just for eye appeal. I do like that. I wish they had more on site camping space. The rv campground just down the road used to be a good option, but changed ownership, and new owner is very inhospitable, and just plain creepy.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
What I liked about Cloverdale was almost every target had a good backstop for arrows............not that I needed a backstop............ but I thought of some "other guys" that could benefit.

Brutus Hedgeapple

10 pointer
Jul 30, 2002
South Central Ky.
Its been a few years since i have been to Cloverdale. Ladt few i have been going to Tannehill, met and made friends there, so its kind of a reunion. But, its the week before, so i could do all 3, and i think i will
Randy, I saw on another thread where you have grandkids in town all month. You still thinking about Comptons? Troy and Rusty are headed up tuesday. I can’t go till wednesday.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Did any of ya’ll do Cloverdale last year? Compared to years past it was “the incredible shrinking bow shoot”. I’m not wasting my time there any year soon.
Im not one to seek out huge crowds. Went to ATAR, once. Elbow to elbow, tents touching, not a level spot to even pitch one. Big crowds mean just that, backed up courses, 200 vendors that all carry the same stuff, more than you can look at. I would never go to wal mart or the mall on black friday, big shoots can be similar.
One shoot i miss is Farmland. It was small, relaxed, and quaint. I like that.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
First Time I looked at this "Thread" I was wondering Who was going BBC to Compton, California for the Juneteenth Celebration and Festivities.
Seriously I did.
There will be more Shooting in Compton, California than at the Archery Shoot.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
First Time I looked at this "Thread" I was wondering Who was going BBC to Compton, California for the Juneteenth Celebration and Festivities.
Seriously I did.
There will be more Shooting in Compton, California than at the Archery Shoot.
I dont even know what you speak of, and im glad. I think i will remain blissfully ignorant, and not research it. I do know about juneteenth, but not the location you speak of. California says enough.

Latest posts