Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Asshole jersey steer
PXL_20220621_233840594_copy_907x1612.jpg

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
JR --I thought you spent a good deal of time in Louisiana visiting friends ? Maybe I'm misrememberin. Crabs are a huge part of Lousiiana cooking near the coast.

One thing about blue crabs. Those big pinchers are to be respected .
That's true, we have been to Louisiana many times usually during the Crawfish harvest. I hit the Crawfish, Shrimp and Fish hard when we were there.
That May be a thing of the Past now with joebiden gas prices.

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
Do all the Kroger's have the same sale or is these sales by store only????
It depends on the distribution they are in. Mt Sterling and Morehead are out of Lexington. Maysville is Cincy area. The Front and Back page will sometimes be different. Maysville and Mt Sterling have center cut pork chops 2.99 tis week.
I hit that 99 cent butts last month. Ground 20 pounds of breakfast sausage ac leggs #10.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
It depends on the distribution they are in. Mt Sterling and Morehead are out of Lexington. Maysville is Cincy area. The Front and Back page will sometimes be different. Maysville and Mt Sterling have center cut pork chops 2.99 tis week.
I hit that 99 cent butts last month. Ground 20 pounds of breakfast sausage ac leggs #10.
They smoke really good but I make sausage with them . Wish I had a little more fat to mix in.
I use half Leggs and half Prairie sage blend and add a little black pepper. I put one heaped up tablespoon full per pound and then a little extra.

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
I just stick to the leggs #10. I will black pepper or red pepper it. Also stay 5 pounds under recommended 25.
Next time I will grind 2 lb of bacon pieces or jowl.
I add a pound to ziplock freezer bag, flatten it, all air out ,seal and freeze. When I lay it out I rip plastic off of frozen sausage. Take a knife and cut 9 square patties. Hangs out the sides of a grands flakey biscuit.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
I just stick to the leggs #10. I will black pepper or red pepper it. Also stay 5 pounds under recommended 25.
Next time I will grind 2 lb of bacon pieces or jowl.
I add a pound to ziplock freezer bag, flatten it, all air out ,seal and freeze. When I lay it out I rip plastic off of frozen sausage. Take a knife and cut 9 square patties. Hangs out the sides of a grands flakey biscuit.
Leggs #10 is the bomb. Just needs a little extra zip (black pepper, dried pepper flakes, cayenne, whatever floats your boat) to up the stakes a bit!

Latest posts