barney's Cheap Eatin' Thread

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Nope. A couple of months ago, they started making me as sick as a dog. Doesn't matter how they're fixed (boiled, fried, scrambled, or pickled), if I eat 'em, within an hour or two, I pay for it and am sick the rest of the day.
Oh no. Eggs are the most eaten food in my house. I make them pretty much every morning. My little girl would probably pick eggs over pizza! I hate to hear this. What about recipes that require eggs? Same result? Or blending not as bad?

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Nope. A couple of months ago, they started making me as sick as a dog. Doesn't matter how they're fixed (boiled, fried, scrambled, or pickled), if I eat 'em, within an hour or two, I pay for it and am sick the rest of the day.
Lady you have scared me to death. That is all we can afford to eat is eggs.
I looked up what eggs can do and it says they can make you really tired and lethargic.
I get so darn tired and sleepy after eating breakfast that I can't stand it. Now since your post I had to look it up. I always thought it was my Meds causing the sleepy spells. I don't know if I can go one day without eating eggs:(

redjackson

8 pointer
Dec 4, 2010
Barren County
My wife developed an egg allergy about 4 years ago. Hair started falling out and would get sick to her stomach about 30 minutes after eating them. Its crazy how that stuff just develops. We’ve had chickens for probably 10-12 years so they are farm fresh at that.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
My wife developed an egg allergy about 4 years ago. Hair started falling out and would get sick to her stomach about 30 minutes after eating them. Its crazy how that stuff just develops. We’ve had chickens for probably 10-12 years so they are farm fresh at that.
20-some years ago, I was having awful sinus problems. Turns out I was allergic to eggs. Avoided them for close to 15 years. Got tested again and no egg allergy. Woohoo! I enjoyed the heck out of them with no problems whatsoever. UNTIL.......

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Oh no. Eggs are the most eaten food in my house. I make them pretty much every morning. My little girl would probably pick eggs over pizza! I hate to hear this. What about recipes that require eggs? Same result? Or blending not as bad?
So far, I can still eat things that contain eggs. I'm cautious about how much though. No egg foo Yung for me!!!!

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Any recommendations on a good popcorn kernel?

We always make it on the stove and have had some different kinds but figure y’all have some favorites we should try.
I used to have a Whirly Pop, may still be hidden here somewhere. I thought it did a good job.

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
3179C050-3AB7-4C3D-AED1-3EF49604D76F.jpeg
CEF8C342-6947-4BFF-A3C3-645222301E27.jpeg
98F4D553-CCA8-46F0-A826-FED9A8CB6BC6.jpeg

Not cheap on the costco steaks. But it sure was good. The mushrooms are after several predinner snack plates were filled.

Those where choice and not Prime but I went through the selection and picked out the ones that had the marbling I wanted to see. One fillet for one guest.

E0BE55CB-A655-4284-B1BB-8B83F6E923AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Oh. Forgot to mention a black bear wrecked the grill at 3 am after we cooked those steaks on it. And there had been a good deal of grill cleaning and grease trap cleaning done post -grilling as we know there is a young bear that has been a problem there at the host’s mountain cabin. little Fella was persistent. This grill was a replacement for the one he wrecked two weeks ago.
FF04A73E-85CA-4428-A093-9EA166602958.jpeg