Be Careful Out There....

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
Is it just me, or are there a LOT more Troopers running radar these days? I've seen more people stopped in Shelby and Anderson counties over the past two weeks than I've seen stopped in the last six months.

And that doesn't include the stops on 151 for STAA trucks that try to sneak through.

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
Making up for lost revenue. Got to admit it was fun while it lasted. During the peak of the Lockdowns there was no speed limit. Traffic on the expressways around Louisville was running around 80 most days. Half the traffic, zero accidents. Made my commute so much better.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Is it just me, or are there a LOT more Troopers running radar these days? I've seen more people stopped in Shelby and Anderson counties over the past two weeks than I've seen stopped in the last six months.

And that doesn't include the stops on 151 for STAA trucks that try to sneak through.
State trooper smoked me in Anderson county the other day for 11 over on 555.
I'm not sure how often y'all travel 555, but I do everyday and live on it, and 66mph will generally get you ran over on that road lol

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
i think I’ve gotten 4 speeding tickets in my life. I never got upset that I got the ticket as I was definitely speeding and deserved it. Oh yeah, I’ve been pulled over and let go 3 times as well. I’ve done a much better job of moderating my speed over the last few years. I will warn everyone that if you happen to be driving thru Johnson County to be sure you stay as close to the speed limit as possible. We elected a new Sheriff a few years ago and his deputies patrol 23, 460, and 321 pretty heavily. They write a lot of tickets.

Redlined

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2005
In The Tree Next To Ya
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they would crack down on 210 between Hodgenville and Cambellsville. Two lane road, 55mph speed limit and if your driving 75 there are cars lining up behind you. Larue seems to get local enforcement but hit the Taylor/Green crossover and its wide open. I've had my fair share of tickets, but no reason anybody needs to drive 30-40 mph over posted regs on a daily basis.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
i think I’ve gotten 4 speeding tickets in my life. I never got upset that I got the ticket as I was definitely speeding and deserved it. Oh yeah, I’ve been pulled over and let go 3 times as well. I’ve done a much better job of moderating my speed over the last few years. I will warn everyone that if you happen to be driving thru Johnson County to be sure you stay as close to the speed limit as possible. We elected a new Sheriff a few years ago and his deputies patrol 23, 460, and 321 pretty heavily. They write a lot of tickets.

Johnson county. I went to a "Gathering" a couple years ago and the Host refused to let me leave. He said my Furrin Out of County Tags would get me Stopped for sure. Can't remember the road name but it was close to Stillhouse Lane. Some fella had an old Filling Station by his house that looked straight out of "American Pickers." Really cool.

Last edited:

BigBenny

6 pointer
Jan 14, 2021
BC
I’ve traveled on route 64 a few dozens times since last may and haven’t seen a trooper radaring. Passed one going 97 a couple weeks ago and thought he’d whip a Uie and try and catch me but he didn’t even give me the flash

he wouldn’t have caught me if he tried :cool: