Been laid up a while

DocPain

6 pointer
Aug 23, 2021
Hardinsburg Kentucky
Had been shooting regularly all through the fall and early winter. On the morning of January 20 I woke up at 5 am with a stabbing pain under my left shoulder blade and my left arm totally numb. Fast forward to a couple days later and I’m at the hospital getting a ct scan. Told I may have a disc problem. A week later I’m seeing a neurosurgeon and getting an mri. Seems I had a bulged disc in my neck pinching a nerve against some arthritic bone spurs. Now a couple months later the pain is gone but my left tricep muscle is very weak. I have been going to pt and it is getting better. 3 weeks ago I wasn’t able to pull any bow I owned back. Now I have worked my way up to a 32# Recurve. Hopefully in a couple months I will be back to my normal weight bows. If not, may have to sell a few and restock lighter ones lol

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
I went through major rotator cuff surgery a year ago. It's unreal how fast a person can loose muscle mass and strength when laid up for an extended period of time. Hang in there. Keep up the therapy and I suggest locating a good personal trainer when released to do so. That will help more than anything to regain your strength.

Latest posts