Below Wolf Creekdam

Fur Feather

8 pointer
Dec 27, 2002
Lexington, KY, USA.
I've fished there a couple of times years ago and are going to give it a try this weekend. Anybody got any pointers to pass along on what baits to use places to go etc? Don't really care what I catch. Sauger/walleye would be nice though.

tbob131

6 pointer
Jan 2, 2008
elizabethtown
Fished there a few years ago and trolled for walleye and stripers, used a medium size shad rap and had some decent luck. about this time of year and about 3 hrs before dark until just after. Unbelievable how cool the air is right below the damn. One of the few places I would even consider fishing right now.

Gforcetrivers

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2016
Burkesville
Spinning tackle- shad raps, rattle traps, roostertails, Blue Fox, small silver spoons, 1/8-1/4 oz paddle tail jigs( white, shad ) Fly fishing- pheasant tails, Prince, Girddle bugs, midge, eggs. I fish a lot of jigs just cuz they are cheap and I dont feel bad loosing several. Its late for sauger up that far. Walleye maybe but look for deeper water. unless they are generating. Bottom bouncer with a rapala.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
That area is home to me....I haven't had time to go back to fish there in years and all I've ever fished for is trout. Bait and tackle for me depends on the mood I'm in. I've caught them on everything from flies to garlic cheese on a treble hook.

I like to fish at the Rock House.

One tip I will give you....I highly recommend the catfish at Coe's in Russell Springs for dinner.

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Water Schedules are very critical always. This year more than most, some veteran fisherman there saying they have not seen this river so low since the major dam issues. I agree. The low water being run for Saturday and Sunday s in last few weeks is so low that some ramps are very difficult if you have a boat. I broke a trailer axle in these condtitons a few years ago

Fur Feather

8 pointer
Dec 27, 2002
Lexington, KY, USA.
I was very surprised my boat launched easily with only one gate open. 18.5 foot stratos with a 150 hp on it. I was 4 feet deep in places going to the dam. They opened 2 more around noon. I tried all kinds of artificial with no luck. The 2 bites I got on the jerk bait were at the mouth of the new creek they built. # smallmouth followed it out and 1 bit .

GeoFish

Fawn
Sep 18, 2021
Jamestown Ky
A few Walleye last month.
I live on the river, fish about twice a week, trout are usually biting, Walleye are tuff.

Screenshot_20220429-143525_Gallery.jpg

Latest posts