Best time of day to call coyotes?

KY Swamp Beagler

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2011
the swamps of western KY
I wouldn't call what your doing hunting!
Killing but not hunting!

It appears you’re raw because you perceive someone has somehow infringed on your opportunity to kill coyotes in LBL.

Yet, another member on here in another group seemed to have pretty good luck at LBL.

Hounds and trapping are an effective way to manage coyote populations.

I’ve never hunted coyotes with hounds. I hope the next time I’m in LBL I run into these fellas you speak of so I can learn more about how they hunt. I try not make assumptions like you did throughout this thread.

You and I will just have to agree to disagree. Good luck coyote hunting.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
I said In My first post some guys had a little success, that guy was in my group. Around 15 guys Monday threw sat hunting 5 coyotes maybe 6 seen not much sign, some of the best callers and Hunters that have hunted LbL for yrs!
Anyone who has been to LBL know it usually has a health coyote population and those numbers don't show that.
If you had a place you hunted and it was public and someone came in and hunted it everyday for months with all the holes and places for rabbits to get away sealed up with enough dogs to run from daylight till dark and killed 90% of what they ran how would you feel?
I know it's public land but every thing must be regulated so everyone gets there money's worth. You wouldn't like it if the Amish moved next door and did what ever they wanted, because what they do will effect what you can do on your property!

I'm sorry for my frustration, nothing against you.

1badDart

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2012
W. KY
If the guy is hunting with a legal method more power to him. I'd be willing to bet his dogs don't run deer, anyone that I ever knew that had good dogs didn't tolerate it long. When I was young my brother and I had some pretty good rabbit hounds and more than one had to be persuaded to not chase deer.

Latest posts