Bobcat permit

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
So apparently this year you are required to get a bobcat permit to shoot a cat? This is new isn’t it?
I know you have to have a cites tag to sell one but never knew of a permit

Velvet ears

8 pointer
Nov 6, 2013
West KY
They had it last year. I really don't see the point in it. Only thing I could think of is if you didn't apply for the free permit, then it generates revenue from a ticket. Or it could be to try and somewhat track how many people actually hunt bobcats.

east_ky_hunter

8 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
Back in the day a warden had to check the cat as well and provide you the tag. I think that’s when it was only open in a few eky counties. Don’t quote me but I think you can get the tag and print online.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
I got the permit added to my license. Somehow I overlooked this last year I guess, even though I didn’t kill one. Kinda aggravates me I missed this being implemented last year, usually I’m on top of the regs. But anyways I’m good now, thanks guys

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Free permit. I got one given there’s a lot of cats where I deer hunt and might pop one if they walk by
I always see them in bow season. I’ve got a video of one at 12 yards while I was sitting on the ground. Had a pistol in other hand, wasn’t exactly small
7AAFCD59-C0BA-4689-BDD2-8993E3FF1250.jpeg

If many are killed the “free permit” won’t be free anymore.

WaterDog88

12 pointer
Jul 28, 2008
Kentucky
I always see them in bow season. I’ve got a video of one at 12 yards while I was sitting on the ground. Had a pistol in other hand, wasn’t exactly small View attachment 107183
If many are killed the “free permit” won’t be free anymore.
That’s my thought. Maybe testing the waters to see if there’s enough people who hunt them to start charging.

Latest posts